Support for those diagnosed with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer.
- By cwat
· New reply 7:59 pm
- 2 replies
- Anyone on immunotherapy having thyroid function blood tests coming back weird? All 3; tsh, t3, t4 are low to WAY low tho i am not having any symptoms(of course the hyper could be washing out the hypo ...
- By roosty
· New reply 7:48 pm
- 11 replies
- Good morning and Merry Christmas, Here is the latest update on our journey. As many of you know we have been working with the University of Chicago with the hope to enter into an immunotherapy trial with ...
- By Kthomp531
· Posted 7:30 pm
- 0 replies
- I have been on xalkori since September 24 th of this year with sucess. I just got a message on answering machine that my insurance is being difficult about refilling this prescription . Hopefully it will ...
- By AlpineHorseLady
· New reply 6:05 pm
- 7 replies
- I posted yesterday with a question about chronic cough/shortness of breath, and how to best control it. Thank you everyone for your responses - they were very helpful at our doctor appointment today ...
- By OTTAWA
· New reply 3:53 pm
- 9 replies
- We had the religious funerals on Wednesday. My beautiful husband is now resting in peace. He has no pain and is with the Lord. My heart aches and I miss his big hugs and beautiful smile so much. I fall ...
- By CheriG
· New reply 3:38 pm
- 21 replies
- My husband had right lung lobectomy in July 2013 - fup CT scan 12/17/13. Originally, doc said "the markers were clear" on 12/17 after we tracked down doc - but Husband lost use of left hand - started ...
- By walker30
· New reply 12:36 pm
- 20 replies
- I would like to hear from people stage 4 nsclc adeno who are surviving without chemo ... I am elderly, still active, and a couple of years ago I had 7 chemo treatments with horrible results..since then ...
- By captaintina
· New reply 12:24 pm
- 10 replies
- Mom underwent 10 rounds of whole brain radiation last month. She is stage 4 NSCLC (adeno) with mets to the brain (and I fear bones as well). We head out to LA for another scan tomorrow, to see if it worked ...
- By mqtboca
· New reply 5:52 am
- 8 replies
- Over the weekend a lump or cyst (or whatever else...) popped up on the upper part of my left chest (almost the size of the penny). It is hard but does not hurt unless I pressed it down hard. My onc does ...
- By woaiwoba_57
· New reply 1:49 am
- 36 replies
- My father passed away at 4:25am when I was still on the airport. I couldn't help bursting into tears....it is so sad that I can not see him for the last moment. He developed severe malignant pleural effusion ...
- By Loutil22
· New reply yesterday at 11:56 pm
- 16 replies
- I am a woman 45 years adenocarcinoma stage IV. I'm under Maintenance Alimta and Avastin (steroids, B12, folic acid) since September 2012. For three months I have dizziness that persist (IRM: no brain ...
- By dennis2124
· New reply yesterday at 11:48 pm
- 93 replies
- I would like to know if there have been fortunate enough to last 7 years on NSCLC stage 4? I've seen the stats at cancer treatment centers of america http://www.cancercenter.com/lung-cancer/ statistics ...
- By hubbardbarb
· New reply yesterday at 11:43 pm
- 17 replies
- My husband has stage IV lung cancer, age 65, non-smoker. He had 2 cycles of Cisplatin/Gemzar and after followup CT learned the tumors were still growing so Dr. switched him to Taxotere with a shot the ...
- By Aicnbor
· New reply yesterday at 10:31 pm
- 14 replies
- Was diagnosed with BAC recently for nodules in the left lung and just had a thoracotomy of the right lung to determine stage. Even though we already knew it was most likely cancer, hearing it confirmed ...
- By klsamson
· New reply yesterday at 9:07 pm
- 28 replies
- Hello all, My incredible husband/best friend was diagnosed with NSCLC Adeno (29) mid July this year after several months of being misdiagnosed. Only symptom was that of a cough. He passed and went to ...
- By haystermom
· New reply yesterday at 7:04 pm
- 26 replies
- I wanted to ask people to please light a candle for Alta. She has been an inspiration to so many on here I thought it would be a nice tribute since she is now gone. You can leave it for a day, a week ...
- By sandy98765
· New reply yesterday at 6:56 pm
- 5 replies
- Has anyone taken part in this study or know anything about it? I am considering trying it since there is nothing else I can do. It stimulates the immune system to attack the cancer ...
- By AnthonyAnand
· New reply yesterday at 4:26 pm
- 15 replies
- Brother diagnosed with Stage IV NSLC in Dec 2010, was stable till June 2013 with Tarceva. After which he got Tarceva resistance, and now he is on Afatinib. His Onc just recently stopped further treatment ...
- By Maggie04
· New reply yesterday at 12:37 pm
- 6 replies
- Hi - I've posted questions just every so often. Tim my Husband has Stage IV adenocarcinoma. Went to see about a clinical trial today (more to come on that) out of state, resulted in 3 1/2 hours in car ...
- By reenie48
· New reply yesterday at 12:35 pm
- 10 replies
- Hello everyone, I'm going to find out the results of my catscan today at 3 pm and oh boy, I am fit to be tied! I have been fighting this rotten disease since Feb 2012. Does this EVER get easier? Also ...