Tumor Biomarkers

After several requests from my oncologist, I finally had my specimen retested for tumor biomarkers. The company that did it is CARIS life sciences Evidence based Molecular Profiling Services. Now I know I'm positive for certain biomarkers, such as PTEN, PIK3CA, KRAS, BRAF, EGFR. The report also indicates which chemotherapeutic agents and target drugs will be effective. Now I know that in the future, my future drugs will be gemcitabine, cetuximab, irinotecan, nap-paclitaxel which are all IV unfortunately. Already tried erlotinib, carboplatin and pemetrexed. There are other drugs which are too expensive- they are oral chemo drugs like gefitinib, capecitabine, temozolomide, temsirolimus, everolimus-- which is supposed to be effective in my case. Just have to find a clinical trial so it will be free.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders