Where to buy hi-quality IP6-Inositol & other suplements

I did a Google search and just not sure which are the best brands in the IP6-Inositol and other supplements that are considered good for us to take during or after chemo....We all know there's a big difference in the quality of what we're buying so would appreciate some tips on places you've shopped online....Thanks! Barbara

13 replies. Join the discussion

I bought mine from puritans pride. The price was right. But I too would be interested about the best quality inositol.

Hi! I knew they had a discussion on here somewhere about getting the best we could get in IP6-Inositol so maybe someone will post and let us know of a site that sells high quality products. I do know all aren't the same when it comes to vitamins, etc.....Barbara

I buy Dr.Shamsuddin's IP6 Gold, the original formula. I've ordered it from a couple of different websites, but last time I ordered it from Seacoast Vitamins. It's 800mg IP-6, 220mg Inositol and should be taken on an empty stomach.
Charlene

Charlene, I just ordered from SeaCoast too....First time I've used them ....I know Pure Escapulations is known to be pure and freshness guaranteed but it didn't tell me enough about this product....Just wondering if you could tell a difference using the IP6-gold? THanks again! Barbara

Charlene, you're a woman after my own heart! I was reading your profile and what gumption you have to not accept that 'hospice' business....I start my first chemo tomorrow and so far haven't been offered any rad treatment....I'll be taking Carbplatin & Alimta for a couple of times then a scan....I'm going to TRY to think positive.....Many thanks...Barbara

Hi Barbara, I've always used the Samsuddin IP6 Gold label, but Seacoast was the last place I bought it. I was very pleased with Seacoast including cost, and my order was delivered in about 3 days. I also take 20mg Melatonin at night and 4.5mgs LDN. I get supplements at different places. I have a membership at Life Extension but can't always get everything I want at one place. I take Alpha Lipoic Acid, green tea caps, VitK, VitD3, EPA/DHA, probiotics and sometimes I take the Mushroom supplements. sometimes I add a supplement and stop taking one I've been taking, but then I'm not on any chemo. Remember, they didn't give me any options but hospice, so I've had to open my mind to alternative therapy, and so far so good. Always think positive. I'm saying a prayer that your treatment beats the stuffings out of cancer. If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to contact me.
Charlene

Charlene, I have to ask what is LDN ? I'll have to see about that as I have most of the others you mentioned...I do believe in alternative therapies because I have always felt God and the mind wants to heal our bodies and you're living proof of that....THat's why I just dread starting this chemo stuff but my daughters are worried to death so I'll give it a short try....I'm printing out your regimen and going to take it with me tomorrow because what an inspiration you are to me! Barbara

Barbara, LDN is low dose naltrexone. Lot's of information on line about LDN. I've been taking it since Oct.2009 and started getting improved scans almost immediately. You can't get a prescription for LDN from an oncologist because it's an alternative therapy and they can't prescribe alternative therapy. Most PCP's don't know enough about LDN to prescribe, and their business is also medicine, not alternative medicine. LDN doesn't interfere with the effects of chemo. If you want information as to where to get a prescription for LDN, please make a friend request.
Charlene

I get my Cell Forte IP6 at Vitacost. It's $22 for 240 capsules (800mg IP6/220 mg Inositol). This is one of the better ones out there. You might also take aged garlic and something like My Community (Host Defense) mushroom complex. Personally, I would recommend these 3 above all other supplements.

I get a lot of stuff cheap and free shipping. For aloe, melatonin, curcumin and opc 3 and greens, i use the isotonix brand from marketamerica.com/netsaver as it is very high quality and bioavailable. I do not talk about it a lot as I have a partnership with them and do not believe in adverising on my personal interest board. I could never make money from people on here. Plus while I am on disability, I cannot work any side businesses, so aside from ordering personal product, I am inactive. It is the best aloe though and i am able to help people with cost. There are many to choose from, just have to be careful of quality.

blujonny, I bought the Cell Forte` IP6 & Inositol several weeks ago but I haven't taken any yet because I had no idea if it might affect my one chemo treatment so waiting until I see the Onc tomorrow for treatment #2.....Why do I get the idea he'll probably tell me absolutely not to take it ? Do you recommend one take all the 3 supplements you suggested, even during chemo? I think I would trust our members opinions on here rather than the doctors. Many thanks ....Barbara

cdambros, many thanks for sharing your info with us....I'm not sure if we already have such a list but we all need a list of vitamins and supplements to refer to that will help our immune system. That's going to become one of my main concerns....trying to maintain my weight and not knowing what I can take...such as I think I read beta-carotene is actually good for cancer cells! Hope that isn't true but wish we had a list we could check ...Barbara

native41, I think this all depends on how frequent your chemo sessions are. But a lot of people will start taking supplements after their chemo is over. I may defer to drawing3d on this one, but I will say that these have excellent results when taken after chemo. The reason I believe so highly in these supplements is because I did months and months of research on these for my father. I once asked a professional about stuff being 'good for cancer cells.' He said that the cancer cells will feed on whatever they're going to feed on, but your healthy cells will absorb healthy food that you put in your body too. And cancer cells will not die because you don't eat sugar, just as they won't go into hyper overdrive if you start eating carrots. I asked my dad's oncologist about certain things once and he didn't seem overly concerned about him taking supplements.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders