I started Tarceva 2 weeks ago and waiting to see if it works. My dr. seems to think that this is the last thing to try and then just go on pain medication. At first I thought ok he knows best then I started to think (beside the side effects of the drugs) I feel pretty good and up and around. 2 ways to think about it
1. enjoy life without side effects from the drugs that help
2. try another chemo (I have had 3 rounds of chemo) after the Tarceva (just a feeling its not working)
round one was Carbo-alimta-avastin-worked great for 1 year. round 2 was Taxotere. great results but after 5 months the side effects-neopathy, fluid around lung and tiredness got to me so took break for 5 months then started round 3 with Taxotere again. This time not so good as 1st time with drug. now the Tarceva (don't know if I have markers wasn't enough tissue to test without going in and getting more.
I know i'm jumping ahead but its hard not to think about it. Any thoughts from you all would be kind. thanks