what is the color and symbol for lung cancer

Does anyone know the symbol and the color for lung cancer. I would like to purchase a bracelet that symbolizes lung cancer awareness.

24 replies. Join the discussion

I don't think we're supposed to be aware of lung cancer. It's invisible.

In reality, it's invisible. I think they outline the ribbon in black, but it's supposed to be clear.

Thank you. I agree, you don't really hear alot about lung cancer or awareness groups, walks, fundraisers etc. I would like to do something to bring awareness to my community. Where does a person begin?

the color for lung cancer is pearl / clear/ white .
you can just google cancer awareness colors and it will give you several sites to look at.
Debbie

thank you....

yes, it is white and November is our month for awareness...

Picked up a bunch of bracelets up in my Dr's office they are clear, printed on them is "fight lung cancer" The back in small print says the thomas g. labrecque foundation.

It is pearl/white. I have a bracelet and necklace in that color and that is what all the cancer websites I have seen and the doctors office has shown that to be.
Maribeth

Thanks to you all.

Yes, the color is (clear or pearl color) and November is Our Month, But we dont get the same reconization as breast cancer .We always get left in the dark and never get what we should .Some times I just want to take pink and hide is some where .It is Time LUNG CANCER gets what we deserve.

Thecolor is crystal clear......i think a black outlined silver ribbon.

The reason it is transparent .Is because our disease is typically invisible and not detected til it's too late.Sad but very real.

The ribbon pins sold at the Cancer Center where I go are pearly white.

I agree that we see pink everywhere and lung cancer gets so little attention. I must admit that until I had two friends develop lung cancer just before I was diagnosed, I knew VERY LITTLE about the subject. I think most people just don't give it a thought - its not that they don't care.

November is our month and last year I hosted an open house on November 3rd and a virtual "Free to Breathe" walk. I made a sign for my front yard, got materials from National Lung Cancer Partnership and the Lung Cancer Alliance, registered on-line to raise money for my walk and posted it on my e-mail to everyone I knew.

We had about 20 people participate - that is 20 more who were educated a little about it, they all signed the petition to congress for delegating funds to lung cancer research and we raised $500.00. Nothing to write home about but every little bit helps.

I also participated in the Relay for Life in our town, more to bring awareness about lung cancer than anything else, but I do feel that every little bit helps and wouldn't it be nice if there was no cancer of any type. While I admit that sometimes I think if only I had breast cancer, I'd end up fine because it is treatable and curable in many cases, it's not us against them. We're all in this together.

That's my ramble for today. Blessings to you all.

Donna

I found this website with Lung Cancer Ribbons.
http://www.stockpins.com/lucaawri.html . I think they are nice ribbons.

Many moons ago when I was first diagnosed with lung cancer (14 yrs ago) the ribbon color was "Clear with a gold trim on them" ALCASE also known as Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA) are the people who pretty much invented the clear ribbons many years ago. I have no clue now as to what color they are or who honestly makes them, or even if they still do make them. I think they went by the weighside. They also went to a gold color for a short time.

LCA has change the symbol to a (person like figure). You can see that person like figure at the top of every page here at LCA and it says, "NO MORE"

Other cancer groups have taken on the WHITE color and some have even take on a Purple like color.

Same with Wrist bands. Some are white, some are clear and some are purple and they say Lung Cancer on them.

I personally wish these organizations would get together and agree to a color and make it work for Lung Cancer one way or another. It's very confusing.

Best wishes,
Connie

stage 1,
www.NationalLungCancerPartnership.org has Lung Cancer bracelets. They are pearl and say LUNG CANCER AWARENESS. Price $1.00 each for 15 bracelets.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

The color for lung cancer is "clear" or "pearl"....I should know---I have been making lung cancer jewelry and giving it out to all of my friends...The craft stores near my house are out of clear 6mm beads....

I'd be interested in getting some of those bracelets. Can you give me more information on where I can get them. My mother in law is currently fighting this awful disease and we'd like to show our support.
Thanks,
Tawni

Dear vatssurvivor,

That's very nice of you to make the jewelry, I have a several friends that make them as do several people on the LUNGevity (LCSC) board and LCA Board.

Could you be so kind as to share with us where or who told you the offical color of lung cancer is? As long as I have been an advocate (14 yrs) for Lung Cancer this color issue has been unsure as to what color they can all agree on, clear, white, pearl, purple........... Nothing of color has been made official that I know of. I know the craft stores will tell you things, but that doesn't make it offical in the real world of cancer.

I have always wondered since they came out with making the beaded bracelets, what are the men suppose to wear? All the ones I have seen are for women. Which leaves the same question, what color is lung cancer or what is the smbol? Just haven't heard what it is after all these years, it's still a mystery that I know of. Offically that is. (grin)

Thanks for making the jewelry, I'm sure it's very nice.

Best wishes,
Connie

Cancer Cure Wishes. Check out the website for jewelry also.

http://www.cancercurewishes.org/

I personally went to the lance armstrong site and got his yellow bracelets. I received a wonderful book for free. I paid for 2 bags of braclets and they put in an extra bag. My family wears those bracelts everyday for the last year. We have all heard, who do you know? I believe these are widely known.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders