Super greens powder...

Does anyone know how to make super greens powder taste good? or maybe just better? I have Barleans Greens and mixed it with water and it wasn't nice. It reminded me of sweetened swamp compost. Is there anyway to make it taste better or is it a case of plug your nose and down it goes? Thank you for your time, t

17 replies. Join the discussion

:)

I know exactly what you mean, hahaha

I have used several and they all taste somewhat the same. The trick to making it a little more palatable is to drink it immediately.
I use a little funnel to empty the contents into a partially filled bottle of water (and when I say partially, I mean the water level comes up underneath the bottom of the sticker on the bottle, (about 1/4 full). I do it this way in order not to prolong the agony! Then just shake and drink. Be sure you drink more good plain water afterwards though!
Some people might mix with juice but I just "get it done". You DO get more used to it as time goes by :)
God bless!
Ellen

Is there a spefic reason you use Barleans Greens. Went to the webpage did not see the benfits, that could not get from fresh fuits and veggies.

Hey, I love it with 8oz of a good orange juice. Even my grandson that hates veggies likes it that way. I sip it with a couple no Cholestrol crackers. Hugs

I had purchased a kit fro PHION.COM for my sister to use. She said the Green Drink Powder is good.

B :)

I mix mine with whey protein and it doesnt taste bad at all xx

I make my own green juice by juicing Romaine lettuce, kale, chard, green bell peppers, a very tiny wedge of red cabbage, and 2 Granny Smith apples for sweetness. I pour some in a glass and add 2 teaspoons of Kyo-Green powder I get from a health food store. Super super nutritious and healing, and not near as gaggy as just water & powder. (Go easy on the red cabbage or leave it out if it gets too whangy.) This way you get living enzymes. I can't say it tastes like a milk shake, but in time you actually become accustomed to the taste.
The other thing I major on is carrot juice. Four or five pounds of carrots and 3 small Granny Smith apples makes enough juice for all day. It tastes really good and is a major cancer fighter!
All the things for juicing is a bit expensive but WAY cheaper than chemo & radiation! And WAY better for your body! This is one of the major ways I beat nsclc in 2004. Give it a try? :-)

Thank you everyone.
Ellen it's nice to know that in time it will get better as time passes.
Nita, Susie and Shirley, thank you for ideas to help make it taste better. I'll give them a try.
Becky, thank you for sharing with me what your sister uses, I'll take a look at it.
NAmember, my husband has nsclc with mets to the brain. I had been reading that a diet rich in veggies is best for fighting cancer. Unfortunately veggies are not his favorite food, so I thought the super greens might be a way to help boost his intake.
Thanks again, T

I just say butter up some asparagus, wrap in foil, and cook them in the oven along with your usual meals. Asparagus is one of the absolute best vegetables you can eat for antioxidants and body detoxification and the great thing is that it only has a very minimal herbal taste unlike broccoli and other vegetables. I used to drink the old green drinks and it just became tedious after a while and rather unnatural in my daily activities.

Please help me? What is Super Greens? My husband takes a drink called Greens to Go sold by Sam's club. Is this maybe the same thing?

thanks blujohnny, i'll try that too. but he isnt much of a veggie eater and while he is on/coming off steroids i dont want to make veggies a fight. i've talked to him about nutrition but sometimes i find it like talking to a 5 year old.
hi pattycakes, i think the greens on the go are similar to barleans and many other brands, just check the ingredient and nutritional labels. stay blessed, t

Greens powder smells gross and can taste awful...I use frozen pineapple and cold bottled water and mix it up and drink it down.

I drink a powdered green drink also, suggested by one of my co-workers, but I mix it with a tablespoon of honey, otherwise I wouldn't be able to drink it. Try it, tell me what your husband thinks. What's great is the honey is really good for you too.

have you ever heard of Juice Plus? 17 raw fruits and vegetables in capsule form?

I am on power greens, also my husband and I both use the V-8 Fusion which is Vegetables and Fruit (he loves them) Fusion is 200% juice, no sugar or high fructose corn syrup and no artificial color, flavors or preservatives. Even my grand kids like this juice.....just make sure you get "Fusion".

Hugs

Hi,
You can have a lot of your nutrition in one delicious smoothie. Also flax which is important and whey especially if you're on chemo.
Use 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt, 2 TBLSPN Flax oil, add a scoop of your greens, add a scoop of whey isolate (no sugar added), and then add what you like. Add 1/2 banana, add blueberries, strawberries, carrots, cabbage, ice, pomegrante juice and low fat milk even with mixture, and then blend. Very nutritious and tastes good. You can change the fruit (fresh or frozen) & vegetable ingredients for variety. Use pineapple, apple, oranges (peeled), peaches, mangos, kiwi, etc., whatever you're in the mood for. Keep the yogurt and flax, and greens (you can also use frozen wheat grass), as these all help to reverse the cancer, and you'll need the whey for your muscles if you're on chemo. Hope this helps. Get healthy.

I make a super green drink in my vita mix machine every day. The ingredients that make it taste better to me is to add raw apple cider vinegar (like for a gespatcho), half to three quarters of a cucumber and some times tomato sauce.

Add 1 to 2 tbl of honey....tada.....

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders