Spot on my lower spine

Ok here goes..Did 6 chemo treatments(carbo,Taxol,Avistan) each time.My last CT showed something on my lower spine.But my lung still had shrinkage going on and was stable...So he sent me for a MRI and now I have 1 spot and a tiny one down on my lower spine and he sure it is cancer...Ok so being my lung is stable and this spot is little and not sure how long it has been there.(never appeared before MRI) My Oncol wants me to relax and take a break from chemo and give my veins a rest and body...So at the end of April I will have a full CT with both liquids and if lung is still stable then maybe radiation Depends on what this spot is doing...OMG this crap is driving me crazy...I look forward to the break but scared to death that this could grow and get really bad in 3 months......I have no pain so it can't be to bad or big because I feel fine........CAN'T SLEEP though am up all night with insomia...sleep for 3 hours then up for 3....Can't shut my BRAIN off....sleeping pills don't work either.....If this cancer don't kill me the worring will...so glad this site is here and you all are out going through the same crap.....be nice if we could all get together for a weekend and just have fun and be in the same company..care givers r fantastic loved ones.......but they r not in our skin.....Is ya know what I mean.don't see doctor now until May 4, 09 unless I start getting any pain......So now I imagine all kinds of little aches and pains......:)):)):))
Sorry for so long...your probably going crazy now too reading all this LOL

Hugs and Love Jeannie

13 replies. Join the discussion

Dear Jeannie:

Oh wow, I understand about not being able to shut your brain off. Maybe you should try to get an anti anxiety medication to help along with sleeping pills. I know how hard this is. Cancer is like the Elephant in the room. It's the first thing you see and/or think of, especially when you get an ache or pain. It has happened to me.

Right before my last scan in January I was totally convinced my cancer was worse. I was having trouble breathing and it turned out to be medication I was on instead of cancer because my scan was NED.

This is a hard road to travel, and you need all the support you can get. Please visit us and vent if you need to or ask questions. My prayers are with you for a good scan in May.
***Hugs***
Marylou

I'm wondering why you can't get radiation right away? Don't let them put you off if you want it now. I would be a basket case if I knew I had a spot on my spine and had to wait three months!

Hi Jeannie,
I know exactly how freaked you must feel. And the brain, yes, it just keeps going and going..like the energizer bunny. The first thing I asked for at dx was something to help me cope. My PCP gave me a script for an antidepressant. They have helped me to maintain a more positive attitude and deal with the situation at hand. My PCP also gave me a script for Ativan, an anti-anxiety med, I take them as need but only when I am especially stressed over something (work, tests, RESULTS). I recommend that you request any and all meds that you need.......anti-anxiety, anti-depressants, anti-nausea, pain management, sleeping pills, etc. Don't be shy - they more than likely have med to address almost any symptom/side effect that you encounter.

I am also on the edge of my seat waiting for results of my latest PET/CT scan. My CT scan showed a suspicious nodule on my upper right lung and a PET/CT was recommended. I am trying to stay calm and not stress over the results.....but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to overcome the raw fear that the beast has reared its ugly head again.

Goodness, here I am writing to try and support you and I wind up having a pity party for me. I truly hope and pray that you have positive results from your tests. Maintain hope and pray to our Lord for guidance.

Hugs, Pat

Dear Jeannie,

My mom had small spots that they watched for months and they never turned into anything harmful. Taking it one day at a time, treating each day as a gift, really helped us get through.

Best wishes.

Anita

Hi Pat,
No problem sweetie if you need to vent thats ok with me....that's what we are all here for....I am on Celexa 20mg so I am taking 2 a day now...it helps but doesn't shut the brain off though.....I just have this feeling that I want to crawl out of my skin....like the walls r caving in around me..........am sure you know what am feeling....Anyway I will be praying and hoping for the best for you.....keep us posted, please

Hugs and love Jeannie

Thank You all for giving me courage and hope....am trying to keep a piece of mind here....it's so freakin hard....Thank you all again..
Hugs and Love Jeannie

hey there mom keep ur head up u will get through it. love u

love lil man and amber

Thank You Sweetie, You put a smile on my face today...Help me stay positive...Give little man a hug and kiss for me...

Hugs and Love You MOM

Hi Jeannie,
It's a difficult road and you want the cancer out of you. However you need to calm yourself. If you are unhappy with your doctor's recommendation, get another opinion. However, I think your body would welcome a break. Please understand that stress continues to feed cancer. There are many books out there that you should read. This will give you a chance to nourish your body. The Ph balance (acid/akaline) is extremely important. There are many books out there that I would recommend. Take one day at a time and nourish with Dr. Budwig's formula of low fat cottage cheese and flax daily. Focus on bringing your ph level to a balanced level, i.e., lots of citrus, all fruits, all vegetables, green teas, high antioxidant juices (diluted with water) and whole grains only. Reduce meats to close to none, absolutely no sugars (includes white breads and rice which become sugar in your body and sugar feeds cancer), and read many of the books that are out there to help with nutrition when fighting cancer. Please stay calm. What is - is, and stressing will only make it worse. Use this time to calm yourself and nurture your body, so if you have to go through chemo again, your body is better prepared.

Hope this helps. Stay strong and get proactive. You may want to look into coffee enemas as well.

Good luck,

Maria's friend

Thank You for the information...I appreciate anything I receive in here.....Such good and kind people here

Hugs Jeannie

Thank You for the information...I appreciate anything I receive in here.....Such good and kind people here

Hugs Jeannie

Hey Mom,

I can't even imagine what it's like..Even though I am miles away, you know you are in my prayers every day. You are a strong women and have alot of fight in you. You will beat this.

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO Much.. Try and have a good day, and do something for yourself, instead of worrying about everyone else for a change..LOVE YOU!!

Heather

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders