Soursop fruit

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has taken soursop fruit along with the chemo? It is known to have cancer fighting abilities

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242555-Soursop-Fruit-Kills-Cancer-100-Fol d-better-Than-Chemotherapy

I was wondering if anyone has benefited from it? or heard anything else?

Would appreciate your response.

Lubna

65 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Lubna, my dad ate soursop fruit during and after chemo. He also took many other supplements such as Beta Glucan, Reishii mushroom, etc. He didnt feel much side effects and went through all 7 rounds + 35 radiations without major problem. He just had his CT scan post treatment this morning. In a couple of days we will know the result. Hopefully soursop, supplements, and conventional treatment can wipe out the cancer cell.

It's also called graviola. Here's a link from MSKCC re: their herb site. Take care, Judy
http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/graviola

Thanks LC misery,

Just hope your father gets a very good result. My father is also going to start his 5/6 chemo rounds soon. taking the supplements and stuff too.....the original one has shrunk quite a bit, just hope he puts up with the remaining rounds and the cancer just vanishes.

Thanks Judy,

will check out the link,

Hope you are doing good

Lubna

Yes soursop is another name for Graviola . It gets mixed reviews on the internet due to possible neurological problems . A similar compound though much stronger as well as tested is called Paw Paw. I just got another shipment in as it's compatible with Cantron. It was developed by a PhD and is patented. Not expensive though. It is often confused with Graviola but is much stronger. It acts somewhat like chemo in that it attacks fast dividing cells. As such you are warned not to use it unless you do have cancer. It has another attribute which is of benefit to any of us who have had chemo in that it is one of the few substances on earth that can kill drug resistant cells which is exactly what we are producing with our chemo treatments.
I've taken it now for about 3 months with no side effects. At this stage I can't verify for it's effectiveness but I do have a CT scan next month so I may have some news ( hopefully good ) then.

Thanks Yamlad, I will look into it. What type of cancer are you dealing with? Hopefully your CT scan would turn out to be good.

All the best

Lubna

Lung cancer stage 4 I think ?

The fruit and the herb are different parts of the plant. I think the "active" ingredient is from the leaves and stems, not the fruit.

There still don't seem to be any clinical trials that tested in in people, so there's no proof of effectiveness.

But there is some lab research that makes it look worth doing clinical trials . . . . if it could be tolerated in large enough doses for a long time without causing it's bad side effects like Parkinson's Disease.

In particular, the research at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21767082
has me thinking that it might work as a weak EGFR inhibitor. If that were the primary action, then it might only be of any value for lung cancer that depends on EGFR (e.g., EGFR mutation-driven lung cancer), and probably only EGFR-driven cancer that isn't drug-resistant to EGFR inhibitor drugs. (BTW, most never-smoker cancer in Asia is EGFR-driven, so if there are anecdotal rumors of effectiveness from Asia I'd wonder if it really is just about EGFR and maybe useless for any other kind.)

For further research, see:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=soursop%20cancer
(although I'm not sure those are all talking about the same thing).

Also see prior discussions, including some comments reciting what promoters claim and some reciting what critics say:

https://www.inspire.com/groups/lung-cancer-survivors/discussion/graviola-2/

http://www.inspire.com/chloesmomma/journal/graviola/

https://www.inspire.com/groups/lung-cancer-survivors/discussion/anyone-hear d-of-paw-paw/

Best hopes,

Soursop fruit is good but soursop leaves are much better. That's what I've been drinking. It gives you much better sleep, feeling fresh/energetic, relaxes the muscles. I'd recommend everyone on chemo to use it. This soursop have killed stg 1 and 2 cancer patients easily combine with chemo.

How to use it: start with 15 / 20 soursop dry leaves, boil it with 3 glasses of water until it remains 2 glasses, with small fire. You drink it in morning and afternoon. For night time, you do the same thing, instead boil with 2 glasses of water until it remains 1 glass. So you drink it 3x/day. They sell this leaves in Indonesia and can be shipped, sorry I don't have their contact because I get it through my relative there. We got plenty of the leaves.. contact me directly if you're interested.

Thanks.

Rizal,

What specific clincial trial study are you referring to when you say "This soursop have killed stg 1 and 2 cancer patients easily combine with chemo." I don't remember seeing any published trial proving effectiveness of the soursop against lung cancer in people, just interesting lab experiments.

Best hopes,

Thanks Rizal and CraiginPA. My family is the Asia, so we have access to the fruit.

Yamlad, do let me know about your CT. Hopefully it will be good. Keep up with a good diet.

Lubna

Craigin,

This soursop leaves are popular in Indonesia to cure cancer. This was popular because it was in the newspaper in Indonesia. We have heard from mouth to mouth (relatives/friends/neighbors) have been cured but I have never heard someone with stage 3 / 4. My sister's friend who is living in the US had breast cancer stg 2 also cured, free of cancer.

Rizal,

I think you know that word-of-mouth and anecdotes are not reliable sources because you cannot know what the cancer really was (or sometimes whether it was really cancer at all) and cannot know what other things were tried that might have had an effect.

We usually can't compare different kinds of cancer that are driven by different things, either. (There are one or two rare driving mutations in lung cancer that do occur in breast cancer, but that's rare. And the death rate for breast cancer is low compared to lung cancer, despite having a lot of it diagnosed, because it is often caught early and treatments often send it into remission for months or years.)

But word of mouth is a good reason to investigate something, seek proven facts, etc.

Best hopes,

I've also read of an Australian who cured his cancer the same way and didn't even need to go thru the expense of a clinical trial.

I don't see pawpawreaserch.com on your list of government sites.

I ordered for my mum. It is packed as a powder. We were advised to take 1-3 gr a day. We measured on digital scale to be precised. But, she had side-effects the very first day: she did not feel her arms, dizziness and lots of fatigue. Be careful from who are you buying it. Right now, we are taking Gravizon (graviola 40%; other Amazon herbs 60%). Much better to take, no side effects at all.

Where did you get it from ? I 've had no issues at all . Mine is in capsule form . It's called Paw Paw Cell - Reg by Natures Sunshine Products Inc. which is where the inventor went to after he left Stanford.
Regards

Yamalad,

Because pawpawreaserch.com appears to be a promotional site, not a neutral directory of objective research (both supportive and refuting) from thousands of reputable publications from many countries.

A promotional site is useful as a place to get a promoter's biased interpretation of research. That's like going to Amazon.com and only looking at the most positive customer reviews of products, but ignoring more important or numerous negative reviews.

Best hopes

No problem pal, I'll get you the original site. You take care eh !

The fact is that my 2 friends and i feel fresh taking soursop leaves, it got rid of those fatigue. I never tried the capsules.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders