round 4 typical carinoid Cryo/laser removal.

Well I had round 4 today.. First off I received my Octideoscan results yesterday.. No spread and only faint but persistent tracer accumulation in the left lung.

So today Dr. Amjadi removed the last 5mm of that little crappy carcinoid..

All went well, but the ride home sucked,, puked at the side of the highway and could not control my tears.. These tumors are know to effect you after remove as they releases hormones.

Biggest bonus is my lung and chest are pain free.. Breathing is 100%

I will need a ct scan in 3 weeks and a lot of prayer..

5 replies. Join the discussion

Glenn, glad to hear you're done your treatments. Take that much needed break and enjoy. Will pray for good results on your next scan. Take care, Judy

Hi Glenn:

Prayers are on their way!

How fabulous that you are done with treatment. Your treatment situation is fascinating to me. Very different than anything I've ever read about. Really exciting stuff!

Also, that you are now pain-free = Yipee!

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings!
Brooklynda

HI Glenn!

So glad to hear about what I consider to be a great scan, and finally 100% lung function! Yay for you!!!

A few years back I helped a friend with a big ugly carcinoid tumor find treatment and get it back together. I thought it was so fitting that the Zebra is used by the carcinoid crowd as a symbol. Now that I know you, I think it is even more appropriate! You are a unique soul, who is very caring, and who (listen up) will beat this crazy carcinoid to the ground.

Much love
Pam

Glenn,
Thanks for the update. Prayers coming at you - and so pleased to hear you are pain-free. Can't wait to hear the ct results - keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Warmest regards, and happy holidays -
Crystal

thanks gals!!!!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders