Prayers for our family especially my husband

We went to the VA today and they did a CT scan and read it right away. The cancer has spread throughout Joe's body. His liver lessions increased from 10 to over a 100 in just two months. He is no longer eating, drinking and is in so much pain... he cannot get comfortable or sleep very well. He is falling alot... and is refusing Hospice Care.

Please pray our children and grandchildren.... We are all so sad and just cannot believe the end is coming too soon. Dr's give a few weeks at most.

Thank you all for listening to me over the past three years and providing good advice and prayers.

Cherry

22 replies. Join the discussion

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's decline. Will pray for all of you.

Thinking of you as my dad has just begun the journey.

I am so sorry.
I keep Joe, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Annika

Cherry,
So sorry to hear this news. Do you think he would consider being treated by a palliative care doc?

So sorry to hear that is happening. Our prayers are with you.

Bring hospice/palliative in anyway. Thinking of you.

Cherry, I am so sorry and you will all be in my thoughts/prayers. I would agree that hospice may be necessary for your sake; it seems to always make things easier. Good luck.

Linnea

Our family brought in hospice when my brother was terminal. They were angels from Heaven and not only helped my brother but helped all of us cope and understand. Best wishes.

Cherry, I'm so sorry this is happening to your Joe. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all. I do agree that you will need hospice and getting it in place now, will help you all later. He will need help with pain relief.
Take care, Judy

I am so sorry for his pain and for your pain. I hope he changes his mind about Hospice. I will be praying for your family.
Cathy

I am so so sorry that you and your family are going through this. It is just so unfair. I will be praying for Joe, you and your family.

Hugs,
Christine

Prayers for you and your family. This is so hard for everyone, especially Joe. Just give him lots of love.
Liz

I'm so sorry Cherry that Joe is no longer doing as well as he was. I have to agree with the others that suggested calling in hospice anyway. Maybe you could meet them at their office and get everything set up without Joe knowing. That way when either Joe accepts the fact that he needs hospice or you let Joe know that you need the help from hospice they are in place. Oh my heart just hurts for you because I went through this with my father and brother and it is just so hard. Hugs and prayers for you and Joe.

Karen

My husband finally agreed to Hospice care. We have all set up in our home. It is all sureal to me. I truely believed that he was going to beat this disease. I still can't wrap my mind around all of this. It's just not real. I feel somewhat forsaken but whom am I to believe that we deserve more than what we have already received.

I am thankful that we had more time than when he was initially diagnosed... but I am greedy I want more but not at the expense of him being in extreme pain.

I just have to find the strength in myself to take care of things I need to do. I am going to the funeral home on Monday to make his arrangements. A friend is going with me. Our daughter will be here at that time so I can feel comfortable in leaving home for an hour.

I was very pleasantly surprised by my employer, they have given me the gift of time with no financial worries. That means alot to me. It's so hard to watch and care for my husand as this strong vibrant man disappears before my eyes. I try very hard not to cry around him as I know he does not need to see that.

My whole world is falling apart and I do not know what I will do or who I will be without him. He is my life.

I do not know who I am anymore. I have a lot to figure out.

Prayers

Cherry

I am so sorry you have to go through this, sending prayers of peace, may God hold you in his arms forever.
Yes, he will need relief from the pain, set up Hospice now, you need them too.
We know the feeling, you are not alone. Just hate the fact you have to go through it too.
Cindy

((((Cherry))))
You're in my prayers!

This was the hardest decision you ever had to make and I know how gut wrenching it can be. Bless your employer for making it possible to be there. My prayer for you both is strength and grace.

Cherry, so sorry that you have to go through this. Everything is feeling surreal in my household at the moment too. We also have been granted extra time, and like you, I too am greedy and want more

Your family is in my prayers

If I told you what I am feeling, it would not help you. Still too new for me. Hang in there for Joe and do not let hospice take away what you and Joe and the family want.
God Bless you and comfort you all.
Liz

Cherry, my heart aches for you. It is not greed but love that you are feeling. May you find the strength to get through this difficult time.

Linnea

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders