Lung Cancer Ribbon Color

I have been asked many times what color the ribbons are for lung cancer. I don't know if anyone knows here, but in case you don't -
Pearl is the "official" color and clear has also been noted as a ribbon color for lung cancer.
Just thought I'd share since I have never seen or heard of either.

18 replies. Join the discussion

This is interesting news. Thanks for sharing!

Deb

Invisiable color for an invisiable cancer. I guess it represents our breath or something. I am going to make up some clear ribbons (but will more then likely be the peralized color) and hand them out during the month of November on a little card that has some FACTS about lung cancer on it.

Blessings
Barb

Gray is also one of the colors used.

White is another one. Take care, Judy

Honestly, I am under the opinion that there isn't really an OFFICIAL color. And if so, who holds the honor of naming one? The American Cancer Society, who contributes next to nothing for research? Some other group?

'CLEAR' isn't a bad choice...as it is the term many of us use to describe the results of a good scan...but it's neither vivid or attention getting. 'PEARL' ? what does this conjure up in your mind? It grows in an oyster, which is somewhat shaped like a lung....is that where this would come from?

Purple and turquoise are bright, positive colors....does anyone have these? I don't like gray...it's negative to me, and no shades of brown either. Green is the color of rebirth. White is purity.

I dunno....but we should try to see who gets to make the choice, and if it is written in stone.

Just a thought,
Cyn

These are two sites where I found the color. Just Google "cancer ribbon colors" to see who decides.

http://www.choosehope.com/category/by-cancer-color-cancer-type
http://www.trinitylondon.com/awareness-ribbon-meanings.asp#pearlribbon

Hi All... It is white! You all have a wonderful day!!!

I also heard lavender is often chosen for "cancer awareness" since there is confusion about the lung cancer ribbon color... but it represents so many things. I got a lavender ribbon on my bracelet mostly because it also is representative of Lupus patients (which I am) but hoping that maybe it'd show my support of cancer patients too. I really wish there was something definite for lung cancer....you guys deserve to have a special color all your own and nobody elses!

I have white Lung Cancer bracelets from the Liz Martucci Lung Cancer Foundation
www.LMLCF.org
but I've seen gray, peral and clear as well

I've heard of pearl for lung cancer, gray ribbon represents brain cancer, and lavender for all cancers in general. But, yeah, who's the authority?

Beth, what a great idea!! I am going to start making up some cards too.

Sorry, meant Barb

i have lung cancer...i thought the color was beige or cream.

beige or cream is good color,,,pink is healthy tissue... but pink is official color of breast cancer

I checked out the website listed in natmat's post. Lung ca is clear white.

they have a ribbon for GENERAL CANCER. does anyone know what that is?

I believe this has been discusssed on past post.
Clear/white and pearl is what I have heard of.
The Bonnie Addario foundation has their own for lc, half pink-half green.
I'd hate to start another color, as it creates this very kind of confusion.
Love love love the idea of the cards w facts, and I dont think you should wait til Nov. Start now!
most people dont know its nov, and oct they have been hit with all the pink, and donated to that.
Anything we do to raise awareness is awesome, so lets do it and get our LC possey to help us spread the word.

White with black edges is what is being shown at the cancer item sales company. Just type in cancer sucks and you will find the company.

I believe we could all be more on point in choosing the colors--yellow for example, red, red for the blood disorders etc.

i believe the color for all cancers is purple..that is the color the cancer society uses, representing all.
as we all know we are a family of wonderful talented people on here...so let's do this..
i feel as a female and pink being my favorite color that the color pink with breast cancer is one of the key factors in their amazing ways of fund raising. People buy things because they are pink, now im not saying it isn't for the cause but household items, clothes all of it , the pink helps.
so as lung cancer survivors and knowing how badly we need to be acknowledged and supported in the medical and society, why dont we try to create the perfect ribbon with our colors , white, pearl, cream, clear, that will lead to the same attraction.
i don't know if you watched the chronicle last week showing the new faces of lung cancer, and how advocacy is hard because so many lose their fight in this disease ..so what do you think ? any ideas?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders