lump on vein on arm (from tarceva ?)..

i just discovered a small lump on my arm vein, (looks like lymph node ?) i think ? , i take Tarceva, please offer any help !! thanks... dont think it was there before, i have nsc lung cancer, 2 weeks into Tarceva....

9 replies. Join the discussion

Is the lump hard or soft. I would just mention it to your Dr.

I doubt it is from the tarceva. I would definitely contact the doctor and have it examined.

God Bless

I agree,
When in doubt, check it out.
Annika

It could also be a lipoma, which is a benign fatty tumor. Haven't heard of this from others taking Tarceva, but as everyone says, when in doubt-check it out. Take care, Judy

blitz373,
I had a lump in my arm after I had surgery in January to remove brain tumour. It was just below my elbow. I showed to to my radiation oncologist (refused WBR) and he said "oh, don't worry about that, it's just a clot". I replied "JUST A CLOT? and he replied "oh, don't worry about it, it's the leg ones that kill you, very rarely the arm ones." I wasn't comfortable with that and went to my GP the next day, he ordered a scan and long story short I was sent directly to the hospital. It was a clot and by this time it had travelled to under my arm. Very very important that you see a doctor immediately!!
Jeannie

My clot was caused by the cannula I had when I had the brain surgery.

I also have a lump along the vein in my right arm inside the elbow. I have had it for quite some time and pointed it out to Dr's, those taking blood and nobody seems concerned. So I just thought it was a lypoma happening as I did have one removed years ago from the back of my knee. Now after reading this post, I think I will get more aggressive with my Dr to telling me what it is. I seem to recall it appeared after a Vascular surgeon was trying to plug some veins in my leg .

bc2010,
That's exactly where my lump was. Along the vein on my right arm inside the elbow. Please definately get it checked out. I shudder to think what would have happened if I had listened to my radiation oncologist when he said "don't worry, its just a clot, it's the leg ones that kill you, very rarely the arm ones." Just ask your doctor to order a simple ultra scan to rule out a clot.

GET IT CHECKED OUT. we should make up a list of things to ask our doctor about.

Here's a few suggestions:

lumps, bumps, bruises, pain, bleeding, diet supplements, clots, head pain, neck pain.
Does anyone have other suggestions?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders