Heavy Hearted

It is with much sadness and a very heavy heart that I must inform you all that my mother passed away at 10:50 am on Jan 30th. I was with her till the very last moment. She was diagnosed with Stage IC NSCLC in April and fought a courageous battle. She had dificulty with different chemo regimens and we were going to use Alimta as a last ditch Hail Mary pass to see if we could stave off progression, but in the interim she fell and broke her hip. She got through the surgery fine but the effusion in her lung kept building up and her oxygen requirements were to high for us to bring her home. I want to thank all of you who reached out to me and shared your stories and advice. This is an awful disease and I just hope we find a cure soon.

19 replies. Join the discussion

I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom has passed. I hope that God will comfort you and give you peace at this difficult time.

Becky

Hi Christine

I can so relate- my deepest condolences to you.

I agree I wish this disease must and should be squashed and quickly. To see a loved one struggle to breathe.... for myself personally that image can never be erased from my memory. The very best to you and your family.

Yolanda

Dear Christine,
My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Please know you all have done everything that you could do. Your MOM is no longer suffering this maddening illness. You are wonderful daughter and I am sure your Mom is smiling from heaven, knowing you will continue to bring forth the traditions and love that she taught you.
May you find peace in the days to come as you grieve this loss.
Julie JB

Christine,
I am so sorry to hear that your mom has passed.
I wish I could give you hug.
I will be thinking of you and your family today.
Jerilyn

Christine, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your precious Mom. May you all find comfort in your love and memories. Take care, Judy

Sorry... shoud say stage IV

I am so very sorry for your lost. It is so hard to lose a mother. We are losing so many people lately on this site. At least their suffering is over.
My prayers and my thoughts are with you.

Oh Christine, I am heartbroken and so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

What a sad and difficult time this is for you. So sorry your mother is gone.
Dora

Healing thoughts to you and your family. I hope you know that your were loved and appreciated in her last months.
Virtual hugs.

I lost my precious mother to LC and know how hard it is, especially after such a battle. God be with you and she with him, until we all meet in his merciful light.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Christine.
Hugs.

i'm so sorry for your immense loss.

Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. God Bless you all.
Liz

Christine,
I am sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences to you and yours.

christine - she is at peace now.....so sorry for your loss - it does seem worse for those of us left behind...
karen

Christine,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs,
Robin

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Christine. Your mom is in a much better place now and is at peace. You and your family are in my prayers for strength and peace.

Claire

So sorry to hear of your great loss Christine. May you take comfort in the memories of all the beautiful things you shared with her. Wishing you comfort and healing peace.

Cyn

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders