Had anyone tried Alpha G

Was reading this is supposed to help cancer. Had anyone tried it or have any info on it

11 replies. Join the discussion

That's one I don't remember seeing anyone mention before.

I don't see any research testing it on cancer in people, let alone lung cancer. What research did you see? And what about that makes you think your cancer has attributes that might benefit from whatever biochemical mechanism of action might have been seen in the lab?

(FYI, you might find some lab experiment research on some ingredient, but the jump from lab experiments to something effective in humans is littered with failures.)

Best hopes,

It was an email. Dr Fred pescore supposedly tested it on cancer.
Was hoping someone else had tried it or heard of it.

I'm sorry it's dr Fred Pescatore.
That's what I get for trusting my memory.

http://cheapcures.blogspot.com/2013/02/dr-fred-pescatores-healing-miracles. html

Found this. Was just wondering if anybody had tried.

That doesn't look like a published research study, but a promotional marketing campaign for an unproven concoction. I would not rely on such material. Even the long list of ailments claimed to benefit from his concoction seems too varied to be plausible.

As far as I can see, there's been no controlled, verifiable clinical trial of their "Alpha G" brand product, you are not a mouse like the one the slideshow talks about, and you don't have the same kind of cancer they tested in a mouse.

If his concoction cured cancer, nobody in Japan would be dying of cancer where the slideshow claims it is routinely used.

That said, if you can find what the ingredients in their branded product is, you might find some credible lab research on them (at least in Japanese) and then you'd be able to be a better judge.

Best hopes,

That same mouse is what avastin is made from. Believe it or not from their urine. That's what made me think there might be something to it.

Due to animal rights activists, there has been a trend to shift to in vitro cell cultures instead of in vitro (in mouse) production. So I am skeptical about whether what you read is still true.

In any event, the monoclonal antibodies are not a mouse or any kind of living or dead creature, they are just antibodies. And the "Alpha G" branded product does not appear to be an antibody.

However a drug is produced, effects seen in a mouse model under laboratory conditions are usually not so useful for a human cancer with specific attributes. To determine the odds of benefit you'd need to test the drug on people with that specific type of cancer with those specific attributes.

Best hopes,

Thanks

He is in hospital left lung is filled with fluid, scheduled for fluid removal this aft. He has survived for 3 years this Feb past. He has had treatment of Gemzar, tarceva, taxotere. Continues to do worse. What next, his appetite has not recovered. In fl. Trying to return to In. Before condition gets worse. He is very weak, think we have reached tone end of road this year has not been good

Jamaris,

I don't understand what you are trying to say about this discussion of the product Alpha G.

Did you instead intend to start a discussion of your own by pressing the "Start a discussion" button on the upper right side so you could get some responses to your situation? If so, give it a good subject title for your situation (not just your name) and in the opening comment you might want to include specifics like what specific kind of lung cancer (adenocarcinoma? squamous cell? large cell? small cell? something else?) and stage and what has been tried.

Best hopes,

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders