Does baking soda work???

Our dr suggested us to use baking soda here s a link you can get info from?http://www.bamboo-delight.com/download/Cure_Cancer_with_Baking_Soda.htm please let me know if u have info.Thanks God bless

24 replies. Join the discussion

I am sorry but NO, it doesn't work.
Think about it, if it did, would any one of us go through tough treatments?

Wishing you all the best.
Annika

It won't cure cancer. But it can help you reach a more alkaline state.
Don't use too much or it may upset your stomach.

No, Baking Soda has many uses; eliminating odors, whitening teeth, softening stiff jeans, getting rid of anthills......It also CAN be a helpful ally in fighting disease and help balance your Ph, get rid of heartburn (Alka-Seltzer) and help reduce Uric Acid to avoid Gout and Kidney stones - but Curing Cancer???? Unfortunately NO.
Thanks for the interesting article (although the anti-semitism immediately pissed me off). It's not going to hurt you to take a tsp. of Baking Soda every once in awhile (I drop an alka-seltzer into some sugar-free Lemonade now and then just so that I don't have to take Pepcid on a regular basis) Good Luck! ♥ Viktory

very interesting, thanks for sharing

Interesting article but the for some reason at the end he goes at the Jews, kind of ruins the credibility.

Loved reading the article. I don't believe baking soda will cure cancer, but it is supposed to help with the alkaline levels.
I buy vegan capsules at the health food store and fill them w/baking soda, 4 caps barely equal tsp. I take them more than Jim. Also have the ph strips, it is interesting if nothing else. My saliva ph is 6.4, on the acid side, I am trying to get it lower. First morning urine can be tested too.
I am reading "Never Fear Cancer Again" in the first few pages it tells of a man that survived renal cancer after his onc gave him 6 months. When asked what was the most important thing he did (80yrs) to beat it, he said he had changed his ph level...
I read alot of the acid/alkaline, Jim is getting chemo which I believe is needed to kill the beast throughout the system, but I am a hillbilly and know there are alot of herbs that can help with healing our bodies.
Jethro Kloss wrote a book in the 1930's, his parents learned to use herbs from Indians, I love this book, it tells of many treatments for different ailments, including cancers.
I make the Red Clover Tea for Jim, it is a blood purifier, he calls it swamp water. lol Mr. Kloss talks about cancer not being able to live in a system with purified blood. I don't know if any of this "works" but maybe it will help keep the system running a bit more smoothly.
Hey! I put a gold ring on a sty and it goes away without any issues. But, I am part hillbilly, I like mud on a bee sting and know it works. And a jug of vinegar on a sunburn, shut my mouth!
Cindy

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, a baking soda cure to cancer, nor even in the ability to significantly change the pH in one's body (without killing yourself). On the other hand, a small amount might not hurt, so if it makes you feel like you might be doing something to help fight the cancer I wouldn't want to stop you.

Best hopes,

Anybody ever heard about the treatment centre in Arizona that treats cancer patients with vitamin C and B17? You read so many things about these centres? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hmmm, I wonder if those rabid anti-semites have children and had them vaccinated against polio using the vaccines created by Drs. Salk and Sabine, both "evil" Jewish doctors. Or if they themselves are protected from the horror of polio with those vaccines.

On the subject of Arm and Hammer, I do the maple syrup and bicarbonate 3 to 1 mix everyday - one teaspoon. I even swish the sugary mixture around my gums before swollowing and never have bleeding gums anymore despite the low platelets caused by Gemzar chemo.

Does it combat cancer? I have no idea and neither do people who declare it doesn't. I also do many, many other supplements and a couple of other Folk remedies besides that one. I am thriving on only a first line treatment of Gemzar with no side effects, and a single agent first line treatment choice like that is not recommended for the timid, so I have to believe that all the supplements and maybe even the maple sugar and bicarbonate are supporting the Gemzar and my immune system - so far.

In any case, when you are Stage IV and the nihilistic oncs give you 3, 4, 6 or 8 months to live, why not go for broke? Let your body tell you when a supplement or Folk treatment is not working or making you ill and start dropping them. I just stopped a heavy duty dose of melatonin recommended by such worthys as Sloan-Kettering. It alone does not make me feel good, strong and optomistic, but I thrive on everything else. JMHO.

I am taking it with strap black molasses organic unsulphurated, and baking soda should be non aluminum, so far I am still alive, i read though take it with empty stomach. start with 1 teaspoon bs: 1 teaspoon sbm.
Hope it helps you!

I have not tried baking soda but see no harm in doing so. The tone of this article troubled me, however. I don't believe oncologists and other cancer doctors are simply evil and in it for the money. Big pharma and insurance company's that deny coverage are certainly a problem in the medical community in the U.S. but instead of playing the blame game I think they need to work together for a cure. Personally I believe in combining modern medicine with alternatives, just do your research and do your best to ignore the negative attacks from both sides; that's my theory for what it's worth!

Hello everyone,

You may not believe what I am about to tell you but I want to share my joy, to Craigpa I remember you commenting on my first inquiry, thanks . I had my CT scan done yesterday and guess what, the tumor on the upper left lung went to like the size of a golf ball to a small grape, my lymph node size from 2". Became .50 yes it is your choice if you believe or not but I have been taking hoxey treatment, immunocal, multivitamins, 3,000 vit. C, baking soda non aluminum, Blake molasses. So the surgeon who told me I will die if I don't do surgery, his nurse who told me you have a very slim chance of surviving, well no one can tell you what to do dear, with positive attitude, and common sense, do what you think is best for your body, listen to your body's warning. I will have a break of taking bs and bm probably for a week. Good day every one, and by the way my Dr. Told me to go back in 6,months, I am hoping then it will totally be gone.

I can't tell you what I think of you or the hateful garbage you are promulgating or I would be kicked off this website. It is beyond me why anyone gives you the time of day...those wicked Jewish oncologists have saved my life for over seven years. Shame, shame, shame.
Judy

Adiol,

I am so excited for you. And I'm excited for myself because I am doing a lot of what you are doing except I'm hedging with a single chemo I can handle well without disgusting side effects - Gemzar.

Please keep us posted on your journey, good or bad. You are an important experiement. Again congratulations!!!!

To jazziejudy,
I hope you are not talking about me dear, I am not promulgating anything I am just sharing my joy and first of all the doctor I am talking about is NOT Jewish,and if he is, it is not my business. All my goal is to encourage my fellowmen to be strong whatever route we choose to go............ good day everyone!

To slimesnake,

I just want to thank you for sharing my joy. Yes, I'm experimenting on myself but I have lined up options if what I did, did not change anything, but since it did helped without me not going through so much pain, loosing my hair, no time for ny 11 & 6 year old kids, hey I take that but of course no one should tell you nor predict what the future holds except God who created us. I hope the best for you too!

That is a stupid racist article which does not belong on this forum.

Ted

The racism is off the charts.
Here is another article about using baking soda that relies more on scientific explanation and doesn't have any racist remarks.
http://www.naturalnews.com/035876_baking_soda_cancer_fungus.html

slimesnake and adiol
is regular arm and hammer baking soda okay?
is that 1 tsp of baking soda to 3 tsp of maple syrup?
how many times a day?

Those conjecturs don't seem validated by credible research when I look on the NIH's PubMed database of published research. If it worked to reverse cancer, there should have been clear, credible, published research backing it up.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&cmd=search&term=%22sodiu m+bicarbonate%22%5Btitle%5D+cancer%5Btitle%5D

The latest article reference and the article about fungus-as-cancer referred to within it seem to have pretty wibbly-wobble squishy arguments that sometimes claim cancer can be a side-effect of fungal toxins (which seems possible, but too late to treat as with antifungals once the cancer already exists) and sometimes a fungal infection is mistaken for cancer (in which case it wouldn't be cancer in the first place). The claim that fungus is cancer is certainly wrong by definition.

Best hopes,

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders