DMSO

Has anyone used DMSO for cancer, I am reading up on it, sounds promising....
Celia

12 replies. Join the discussion

can i ask what dmso stands for im also at stage iv like u,, i had some good results on carboplatin and altima my tumors in both lungs shrunk but in the liver it stayed the same..god bless u

Hi, you can read up on it here -

http://www.holisticcancersolutions.com:80/dmso_report.htm

My friends wife has stage 4 like us and she nebulises with it mixed with sodium Bicarb, she gets a scan soon so will know more, but read that link and see what you think and let me know.........
Bless you too
Celia
x

Tje referenced listed in the above posts has all the trappings of a colosol fraud. That it prays upon the lives of human beings makes it particularly terrifying!

Vague, unsupported claims are a characteristic of every fraud!

Don't tell me there is a great. new treatment, tell me what it is!

Don't tell me how great a set of treatments are, show me the proof.

Don't tell me how superior the treatment is compared with traditional treatment, show me the proof!

Don't tell me how great something is, tell me how it is great!

Don't give me isolated success stories, give me proven, large scale, long-ter, documented study reslts!

Don't tell me 42 hospitals are using it, tell me who those hospitals are!

Authentic care facilities and treatmentshide nothing!

Don't tell me with vague claims, show me with hard facts!

HighlandGuy

The link provided above is not complete if clicked - the link below will take you to the actual description of what dmso is. I think I've read about it before on Wikipedia. I agree with HighlandGuy though that the link to the main page of 'holisticcancersolutions' seems quite scammy.

link to the report:
http://www.holisticcancersolutions.com/dmso_report.htm

Celia

The idea behind DMSO is selective drug targeting and potentiation. DMSO can be used as an anti-angiogenic enhancer and potentiator and has actually been measured with live tumor specimens in cell function analysis.

The abrogating effect of alcohol upon VEGF reduces the secretion of VEGF by the tumor cells. It both reduces VEGF and makes a drug like Avastin work better, possibly overcoming tumor resistance to Avastin. It is though that it has a membrane effect, basically puts the cell to sleep so that it doesn't think it requires a blood supply. In the presence of Avastin, it has a lethal 1-2 combination which knocks out the new vessels which are dependent on VEGF for survival, in a selectively "targeted" fashion.

Potentiation therapy makes cell membranes more permeable and increases uptake of drugs into cells. It selectively targets tumor cells, which ususally have more insulin receptors than normal cells. Makes tumor cells more susceptible to chemo by modifying cell metabolism.

As a result, cancer patients can greatly reduce chemo dosage (reduce it to only about 10%) and eliminate most side effects while increasing the effectiveness of chemo (chemo synthesizer).

Heh, after reading the Wikipedia article about it (Wikipedia has huge faults, but at least they're not trying to sell us something) I wouldn't go near the stuff.

HighlandGuy, I think you hit the nail on the head :)

I am not so sure, I know there is a lot of anecdotal evidence on DMSO but i would not reject it completely, after all, what have we got to lose - a bit of money maybe, but we are all in a battle for life and I won't yet discount it, not until I have done more research, I believe there is a hospital somewhere that uses it for cancer, and studies done, one day when I have time I would like to read up much more about it. There are books on it, and a Dr (forget his name) works with it almost exclusively. Thanks to gpawelski for that explanation, it ties in with what I have read so far, and the friends wife who is using it has the support of her onco, so will have to see how that pans out, but you can be sure, no stone will be left unturned..... As yet I maintaining myself on LDN and Mistletoe therapy, but I am always on the look out for more, we are fighting a strong adversary....
Celia
diagnosed NSCLC four years ago......

I took DMSO while using another supplement. It's suppose to make the cells more receptive to treatment. I only took two drops from a dropper under the tongue twice a day before using the supplement. I don't know if it helped or not, but I'm still here and still in pretty good health.
Charlene

Charlene, where did you get it from and what strength?
Could you explain more about it.....
Thanks
Celia

Celia, I got the DMSO at the local health food/supplement store. It says 90% DMSO 10% water. I took it with a supplement I ordered on line. I had an eyedropper and just used two drops under the tongue three x's a day with the supplement. Too much of it makes you smell like garlic. I no longer take the supplement, too expensive. The point of taking the DMSO, according to my instructions with the supplement, was to make the cells more receptive. I've tried alot of supplements in the past 5 years, and spent alot of money in the process. I don't know what works, but I'm still pretty healthy for someone that had less than a year to live and was told treatment would not be effective. I now take LDN and PawPaw cell reg, also mushroom supplements, Beta1 3D, IP6 Inosotol. Who knows what will work. I just read that cancer is as individual as a fingerprint. let me know if I can help you in any way
Charlene

Charlene, can't seem to get it here, there are various sites but some of them sell cream, some say for below the waist or above, I have no idea what that means. I would like to get some and give it a try. What supplement did you take it with?
Thanks for any help
Celia
Scotland

Celia
Maybe you can't get it in the UK. It's actually a liquid industrial solvent, but it has many medical uses. The cream is used for sprains and inflammation. It's controversial. I went on line and found a website that sells it at www.TaoOfHerbs.com. out of Chicago,IL. That shows a picture of the same product I bought. You can order it online if you can't get it in the UK. Also www.dmso.org brought up alot of information on DMSO. I don't know how you want to use it. Be sure to read all the info on the websites about it. I used it with a product called Carnivora with instructions on how to use it. 6 drops a day wasn't alot of DMSO. Let me know if you need more information.
Charlene

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders