Crackling Sound While Breathing

Your probably all tired of my questions by now, guess I'm I worry wart. But thanks to all of you who have eased many of my problems. I've been on Levaquin for 4 days for a uti. The last 3 days when I'm laying down I have this popping/crackling noise in my upper chest almost in my throat. I've been getting a little short of breath at times too. I've had this before when I was receiving radiation & chemo, but it went away. I had a ct yesterday and will see my doctor tomorrow. Needless to say I'm worring myself over this. Could it possibly be pneumonia or pleural effusion? I don't have a cough or any chest pain.

2 replies. Join the discussion

Dear suncity,
Questions are good.
Sorry about the UTI. I hope it is getting better.
You have done all the right things, you had the snap, crackle and pop checked out. You have mentioned a couple of things, I will add some more. Upper respiratory infection nipped early, allergies, mucous membranes swelling/decreasing, "nothing".
If you have a pneumonia I would have thought that they would have called you. Granted, you are already on antibiotics..

I think you will be fine.

Blessings
Annika

Suncity,

I would certainly ask your doctor about that right away. Upon completion of my treatments, I developed radiation induced pnuemonitis and had the crackling similar to what you're describing. (This a not uncommon to those who have received extensive radiation treatment to the chest.) I was given Levaquin for that so it's good to hear you're already on it. Things really didn't clear up until after I was given a white count booster......ask your Dr. about that also.

Wishing you well,
Matt
Strength - Faith - Focus
Fight to Win!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders