Cervical cancer mets to lung

As I have reported in another discussion, my daughter was diagnosed with cervical cancer a year ago. She had a radical hysterectomy in Feb. last year. The dr. was convinced she had gotten all of it and said she did not require chemo or radiation. This past Dec. she was told there were tumors in her upper left lung and chest wall which means she is now stage IV. Has this happened to anyone else out there? I would love to find someone who has fought the same battle. She needs support, inspiration, and hope. She is only 36 with a 6 yr. old daughter. Julie is a great fighter using many alternative therapies along with chemo and radiation.

5 replies. Join the discussion

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It sounds like metastasis of cervical cancer to lungs, which is not the same as lung cancer. Didn't know if you were aware of this. Anyway.

Best wishers and hugs,
Joyce

That is what my daughter tells me. But I am confused. If she has tumors in her lung why is that not lung cancer? Is the treatment different? Is her prognosis different? I don't get it.

Yes and no. The type of cancer you have is determined by where it appears first, in her case it is cervical cancer with mets to the lungs. Sorry to hear she's still having to battle the beast. Will remember her in my prayers.
Cheryll

I think the treatments and prognoses may be different. Your daughter has cervical cancer cells in her lung, so she needs chemo for cervical cancer, not chemo for lung cancer.

For support for survivors of similar situation, you could also try calling the Bloch Cancer Hotline (google it). They have a phone buddy program where they will match up new cancer patients with as similar a survivor as possible.

Good luck and God bless.
Kathy

I am not sure why the doc didn't do chemo/radiation. Was it stage 1? I was diagnosed with stage 2A - they attempted hysterectomy but lymph nodes were positive so chemo/radiation was the alternate course of action. I am sorry that the doc didn't do it. I wonder if you have a lawsuit - might be something to look into. I hope things work out for the best.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders