Bitter Almonds. Vitamin B17

Does anyone have any information or views on the effects that Bitter Almonds and vitamin B17 are stated to have. I have now come off my chemo with tumour still present, although smaller and am only going to be monitored by Xray every 2 months.

I have read a bit on this vitamin and it does sound promising, I realise that there is a gradual build up and that you cant take too many in one hit.

Any views would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Report post

106 replies. Join the discussion

You can Google B17 or Laetrile or Amygdalin & check out Wikipedia. B17 is NOT a vitamin. One form is derived from apricot seeds (Laetrile) & another form is from the seeds of a related tree & is known as bitter almond or Amygdalin. Studies have found them to be ineffective in treating cancer & that they are actually quite toxic. The compounds in them can be converted by digestive enzymes to lethal amounts of cyanide in the body.

Gail

Reply Report post

I have read alot about b17/laetrile in the book "outsmarting your cancer". It is very promising treatment that you won't hear about from mainstream doctors. There are many alternative therapies described in the book and there are lots of choices you have after chemo/radiation isn't working. It is worth reading if you are interested in alternative therpay.

Reply Report post

Cancer is a billion dollar industry. Pharmaceutical companies will never let a cheap natural cure ruin their profits. It is so sad but very true.

Reply Report post

This is from my profile on Inspire .....Apricot seeds were the main thing that worked for me ...
10 years ago diagnosed with stage III L.C and liver problems (N.A.F.L.D).. base for my diagnose was: first was x-ray then scans and then biopsy ...stage III and
also NAFLD ( Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease ) ...(my liver was almost shutting down with Cholesterol -600 to 800 and Triglycerides at 7000 plus ...yes it's NOT mistake 7000 plus , when my blood work came back from lab there was a note " is this person is still alive ???" ...my diet before was what I crave ..I had it ...lot of red meat (steaks, hamburgers, chicken etc.) and sweets (cakes, sodas,ice cream etc) ..typical American diet that kills....and I was not overweight ...230 at 6'1 (by American standard) ..now I am at 175 since started my program 10 plus years ago ... I did NOT went with standard medical program but chose alternative treatment regimen : for a first month I did complete detox of my system ..every day started with Organic coffee enema and implemented Dr.Berger regiment ( juicing , vegetarian, organic food only, wild salmon -grilled or steamed , etc ..NO SUGAR , Sea Salt ONLY ) , Dr Budwig (Flax seed oil & organic cottage cheese )2Xday.....plus mega doses (6000mg 2xday Vit.C) ...apricot kernels 20-25 a day ( I even experimented with taking 50 a day for a week, with NO problem at all) ,2 lbs wild blubbery with little organic cottage cheese a day ....in 6 months lung cancer was completely gone and till today (still on the same regiment daily) no problem at all ...PERFECT HEALTH ...I also work out daily, running, weight lifting ...my level of energy (and testosterone) is like I am 20 again (and I am 58).... I have not taken any medication for years and my check ups are PERFECT...My personal opinion is that Dr.Berger protocol did most of rebuilding mine immune system, then adding rest of treatments/protocols killed cancer cells (big part like 95% I attribute to Apricot kernels) and tuned up my immune system to peak condition able triggering my immune system to go on the attack and treat and even reverse anything that might harm me..... my liver also is working perfect ..cholesterol -95 mg/dl ...triglycerides -105 mg/dl ..high-density lipoprotein -- HDL- good cholesterol 90 mg/dl ........and lung cancer gone /history... for good ... and ALL this changed about 6 months after my diagnosis when I went "alternative treatment " way .... ..so YES alternative therapy works but only when you do NOT start with Chemo , most alternative treatments are NOT effective after Chemo because your immune system is compromised and even you my get some form of mutations to your DNA...Unfortunately, using an unnatural chemical substance to effectively blast the cancer cells has the same effect on the healthy functioning cells as well. As a result, most chemotherapy patients are highly damaged by the process and sometimes sustain injuries that are irrevocable.
Three common drugs used for chemotherapy have been found to cause DNA mutations within the users. This is already highly dangerous, but according to new research, this damage may have the ability to pass into future generations. These findings shed light on the long term negative effects pharmaceuticals are having on our bodies. If the bodily effects were not enough to cope with, the use of these treatments may actually have a long term effect on the health of those to come afterward.
Considering the complex and awesome nature of DNA itself, any manipulation of genetic material — intentionally or not — is highly volatile and dangerous. It is a realm still largely unknown, and taking pokes in the dark is not the way to go.
Other cancer drugs such as imatanib (a leukemia drug that goes by the brand name Gleevec) and sunitinib (a drug for gastrointestinal tumors — brand name Sutent), have even been shown to cause tumors to ‘metasize’ aggressively. Although tumors initially reduce in size, they come back much stronger and grow much larger than their original size.
It is interesting that a majority of doctors who prescribe chemotherapy would not subject themselves to the same treatment, knowing the horrible effects it has on human health. Not only do mainstream doctors avoid drugs like chemotherapy, but they actually prefer alternative medicine in general.

Reply Report post

adoman77

I can NOT believe B17, my wife tried two months, with 1000mg dosage daily, with 50mg zinc together (I bought Mexican B17 ). No function at all.

Reply Report post

Mystery readers will realize that the smell of bitter almonds is cyanide poisoning. So, it scares me a little when we go through the laetrile, coffee enema routine again. These treatments seem to pop up every ten years or so. I think only we elderly patients remember them.

Michael Landon tried the coffee enema to no avail. Congrats to anyone who has had success but it seems they are trying many things and perhaps it is the combination which is helping them. Now, if we can only figure out what that is...................There are different recipes for chemo depending on the type of cancer and we all have different innards so it's difficult to see how this type of alternative med would be helpful to all.

I'm only 3 hours from Mexico and I would be there just as soon as I heard of a tx for pf which was caused by careless radiation. I preferred the cancer.

Good fortune to you all.

Reply Report post

Thanks for the replies. I have ordered some bitter Almonds from Amazon but now getting a bit wary the more I hear of the cyanide bit. Others have clearly taken the Almonds and aditive route so will give them a go, slowly though and build up to larger dose.

Reply Report post

I have been taking between 15 and 20 apricot kernels everyday (when I remember) now for about 5 months.

I don't know whether the kernels are helping because I am taking so many other natural therapies as well, but I am confident the kernels are doing no harm, so I'm going to keep on taking them.

My lastest CT Scan, on March 23, 2013, showed there was no further growth (or further shrinkage) in any of my Stage 4 lung cancer tumours. Everything is stable.

My guess is that the single most effective natural treatment for me has been cannabis along with intravenous Vitamin C @ 75 grams 2x per week.

I've been using (1) Snake Oil drops (5 drops at bedtime); Cannacaps (one capsule at 9:00 am and one capsule at 3:00 pm); cannabis resin (1 gram at bedtime) and Holy Annointing Oil to rub on my back and chest every night at bedtime.

Fred25
Diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer in October 2011.

Reply Report post

I would say from my personal experience, it does not work; if it is really working, the only possibility is we did not reach the dosage, this is one of some anti-cancer therapy failure reason; my wife took 1000mg dosage per day, I think 2000mg dosage would be too dangerous. Any people on 2000mg dosage above???

Reply Report post

So, you had LC stage III, diagnosed 10 years ago. No conventional treatment?
No surgery, no radiation and no chemo?
What is the status of your lc at this time?

Annika

Reply Report post

read my post again......GONE ....no sign of LC ...Perfect check-ups every 3 months.....for last 9 and a half years....
And here is why Apricot kernels are NOT poisonous ..
Apricot seeds main ingredient is Amagdylin .. Amagdylin contains four substances. Two are glucose; one is benzaldyhide, and one is cyanide. Yes, cyanide and benzaldyhide are poisons if they are released or freed as pure molecules and not bound within other molecular formations. Many foods containing cyanide are safe because the cyanide remains bound and locked as part of another molecule and therefore cannot cause harm.

There is even an enzyme in normal cells to catch any free cyanide molecules and to render them harmless by combining them with sulfur. That enzyme is rhodanese, which catalyzes the reaction and binds any free cyanide to sulfur. By binding the cyanide to sulfur, it is converted to a cyanate which is a neutral substance. Then it is easily passed through the urine with no harm to the normal cells.

But cancer cells are not normal. They contain an enzyme that other cells do not share, beta-glucosidase. This enzyme, virtually exclusive to cancer cells, is considered the "unlocking enzyme" for amagdylin molecules. It releases both the benzaldyhide and the cyanide, creating a toxic synergy beyond their uncombined sum. This is what the cancer cell's beta-glucosidase enzyme does to self destruct cancer cells.

Amagdylin or laetrile in conjunction with the protective enzymes in healthy cells and the unlocking enzymes in cancer cells is thus able to destroy cancer cells without jeopardizing healthy cells. Chemotherapy, on the other hand, kills a lot of other cells and diminishes one's immune system while killing an undetermined amount of cancer cells.

Those cancer cells tend to return elsewhere because the patient's general health was reduced from the pervasive chemo toxins. The cancer industry has declared the bench mark for curing cancer as being cancer free for 5 years. It's estimated that of those who undergo the AMA big three for curing cancer, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy, no more than 3% make the 5 year cancer free mark. Besides the treatments' debilitating effects, they are much more expensive!

But for someone with cancer, it takes a considerable amount of daily B17 consumption to enable the amagdylin to reach the cancer cells with beta-glucosidase. That's because some of the amagdylin molecules will be neutralized by the normal cells containing rhodanese.

Many practitioners who use laetrile have an 85% cure rate among cancer victims who did not undergo much of the standard cut, burn, and poison that is main-stream - while the cure rate for those who come to laetrile therapy as a last resort after all that conventional medicine could only have a 15% recovery rate.

Reply Report post

Adoman77:

Great post. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time to research.

Fred25

Reply Report post

adoman

Then what is the dosage you WERE using, I mean the major period to beat down the tumor, not the maintenace dosage. How long you have the dosage? Any break ?

Reply Report post

My mom will be starting Laetrile through an iv on Wednesday Along with vitamin c and mistletoe therapy

The homeopath said there will be no side effects from this treatment.

Reply Report post

You should NOT use Vit.C with Laetrile .....it will interfere with cyanide being bound and locked as part of another molecule and therefore cannot cause harm. Vit C can neutralize that and free cyanide levels will get to high and will cause problem (poisoning) ....I do take Vit.C but take 12 to 16 hours break before taking Apricot kernels.

Reply Report post

20 t0 25 a day ...til today ..same dose....

Reply Report post

Interesting, I will have to question the doctor on that. Thanks! I do trust that he knows what he is doing. We were lucky to find a homeopath that also has an md lisense and was a surgeon before getting his homeopathic license.

Did you find the vitamin c intravenously helped with energy levels?

Reply Report post

Shan:

Intravenous Vitamin C ( 75 grams 2x weekly ) has certainly helped with my energy levels. It also improved the energy levels of one of my sisters (lymphoma), who has, thus far, been in remission for 7 years. She also took chemo and I think, in her case, the chemo, not the Vitamin C, did most of the work. But I do not know for sure and neither does she.

The Naturopathic Doctor (ND) from whom I get my VItmain C told me that intravenous Vitamin C is the treatment of choice for his cancer patients and is the treatment he recommends most often.

I've had up to 100 grams of intravenous Vitamin C but my ND feels there is little addtional benefit to be gained from the etrxa 25 grams, so I've been sticking with 75 grams.

Fred25

Reply Report post

Thanks Fred! My mom also takes cannabis oil, an will be starting Laetrile through iv and mistletoe.
I feel if we can get her energy up she will feel a lot better.

I'm not sure at what doses the b17 or vitamin c she will be getting yet, we will find out on Wednesday.

I will post for anyone else who is interested in b17 intravenously what our results will be

Reply Report post

clinical_trials1:

Sorry, I cannot decipher your questions.

If you google: "intravenous Vitamin C and cancer" you will discover all you need to know.

Fred25

Reply Report post