BAKING SODA & MAPLE SYRUP CURE

Is there anyone out there who has tried the baking soda & maple syrup cure for lung cancer?? I was told by my oncologist that I had at least stage IIIB NSCLC and am supposed to have PET & CT Scan of brain done in approx. 2 wks. Meanwhile I am taking the above as it can do me no harm.. Would appreciate any input from someone who had done the same....Thanks , Eileen

61 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Ellen:
Where did you hear about this? Never heard of it.

I found my cancer the same as you - because of a lump on my neck that I attributed to stress.

Good luck with your diagnosis. I hope it turns out better than you are expecting.

Susan

Hi Susan,
I went on the internet to check on alternatives to chemotherapy when I came across this recipe. There is a oncologist in Italy that uses baking soda through IV for cancer. His name is Dr. Tullio Simoncini and after reading about what he does, it made sense to me that this can be useful. It will do no harm as far as I can see. If a person is a diabetic, I would tell them to check with their doctor first. If you would like to check on it. just type: baking soda & maple syrup in your search bar. I have been using it for approx. 3 days and can tell you that I can breathe a lot better now. My husband tells me that I no longer wheeze at night. Hoping and praying for all of us!!
Eileen

Eileen:

Wow - I can't believe you can breath better. How are you using it? It seems like if you just use it orally, it certainly can't hurt you. I may try it - tell me how much and how often you eat it.

I did look up that Dr. Someone else told me about it. He's in Rome, right?

Susan

Yes, Dr. Simoncini is in Rome. This is actuaIly a remedy from a folk doctor out of North Carolina. I use it every morning before I eat or drink anything else, so that the glucose has a chance to attach to the cancer cells and the baking soda has a chance to destroy them. The recipe is: In a small pot mix 1 part baking soda to 3 parts 100% pure maple syrup. Heat for 5 min. then drink just 1 teaspoonful. I will find the site I went to so that you can read about it too. Eileen

Found the website - just type in Dr Jim Kelmun. That will take you to quite a few choices. Read all about this. Hope it helps. LOL Eileen

You guys please read the dangers of the baking soda wreaking havoc on your bodies ph level...playing with your own ph level can cause death.

Also, it says this is not a supported cure, especially if your cancer is not generally around your digestive tract b/c the baking soda cannot get past the digestive tract unless it is injected ...that is why Dr. Simoncini injects for lung cancer - so it is not neutralized by the body.

Please read more before you do this on your own...ESPECIALLY for those of you in treatment right now.

Here's a link to this
http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer02/Kelmun.html

I agree we should all keep looking for alternative ways!!!!

Love,
Ellen

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for your concern. I have read all the pros and cons to this. I have chosen to do this myself. I would advise anyone under treatment at this time to check with their doctor first before trying any alternatives. I also do not think this treatment could be used by a person with diabetes. LOL Eileen

Thanks Ellen. As soon as I saw in the article that Eileen referred me to that you couldn't eat any sugar while doing the syrup/baking soda regiment, that was it for me! You know what a junk food eater I am. Gotta have my candy!

Susan

Dear Eileen;

First I have to say "Bravo!" to you for taking a step "outside-the-box". I, like you, have taken alot of my own care into my own hands using supplements and a VERY strict diet/exercise regime... I do believe in my heart that we ARE capable of keeping our cancers at bay for very long periods of time by changing the environment of the body. I do not care what the medical community at large says, this is my personal "gut" feeling...and to some extent, my theory has been working well for me so far, so until I am proven otherwise...

I do know, however, that our bodies MUST maintain a ph level of 7.4 or calcium is taken from our bones to compensate for the increase in acidity due to whatever...diet of course comes to mind...

So please, if you are doing this baking soda regime, get some pH strips to self monitor your pH levels at home if you aren't being monitored by a doctor on this...

Not trying to be pushy, I just care... and PLEASE keep me posted on how this is working for you! :)

Love, Ellen

Susan;

Just for you, I am going to try and find a recipe for "chocolate covered kale" :)

Love ya,
Ellen

Good Luck. If you should find the recipe, please forward!! We all know that chocolate is a very good antioxident. I too take vitamins & supplemants. excercise every day. Until I am under the care of a cancer hospital, I will continue with the "naturals". I also have a very strong mind and have decided that "I have cancer, it does not have me!!" Attitude does help when it comes to illness of any kind.. LOL Eileen

I have looked at all the web sites and no one says exactly how much syrup/soda to make ( they only give the concentration of 3:1), how to store the remaining mixture, or how long the remaining mixture is good?

First try traditional medicine. If traditional medicine fails, that is the time to try these alternative ideas. If simple things worked, they would be mainstream. Please be careful with your health.

Dear NurseTab & D1,
I found them while looking for alternatives to traditional cures. I am no longer a advocate of these as I see what is now being done in the fight against cancer. I even wrote the doctor who supposedly uses baking soda IV in his treatment - never received a reply!! That made me question this alternative. Am very happy with the results I have received at the H Lee Moffitt Cancer Treatment Ctr in Tampa, Fl. and will stick with their routine for now. If you wish to try something else, confer with the treating physicians, as most of them are open to alternatives and will do the research for you. Good Luck & God Bless you all~~
Eileen

I'd be very careful taking baking soda, look into that one more, I personally wouldn't .... but maple syrup is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. You need to make sure its PURE (real) maple syrup.

The latest articles say pure maple syrup has more antioxidant/anti-inflammatory properties than honey.

But remember - there is no magic bullet (yet!), but it will help your immune system.

Take care,
Alisa

susan - you eat sugar??? I'm driving myself nuts tryiong not to eat any....hmmmmm
Karen

I would also be careful with the maple syrup. They've done studies that show people who eat or drink a lot of simple sugars have an increased rate of reoccurance. There are other alternatives like Tumeric, green tea and enoki mushrooms that have all been tested or are being tested in cancer centers. Google mushrooms and cancer, for instance or green tea and cancer to read more about these studies.

My sister is a holistic nurse and pushing for me to try polymva and now I read this. She had one point- that the drug companies are successful at preventing natural treatments in the USA. But I'd like to see some stats done by scientific method on the natural things success. She thinks this poly mva is a cure because it prevents the cancer cells from starting. BUT I dont know where that info came from? If its just berries and fruit I'll try it.
Susan- I eat sugars and junk food. I dont think that causes cancer I think stress to the nth or some other factor that disrupts balance in the body can do it. I think thats why even healthy athletes get it. They pack in carbs or watch weight or bulk up etc.
Anyway good luck to our "guinea pig" trying the baking soda. I'd like to hear more of what people are doing to keep their body stronger. I cant exercise much due to the scarred lung and O2 tank.
Jean

Hi Jean 1723,
Just a note to let you know that I did try it and followed the directions exactly. I don't believe it worked, as I have mets to the brain. One was taken out last week. I go this week to try to radiate the other 2 tumors. I still have tumors on the lungs, which will need something down the road. But I have every intent of staying away from alternatives unless the doctor tells me to do so would be beneficial...My doctor allows me to take 400mg of CoQ10 every day along with 1000mg Omega 3 fatty acids, a multivitamin and vitamin C approx 2000mg. Ask your doctor before you do this. God Bless Eileen

They use this mixture @ Cancer Treatment Centers of America. A friend was diagnosed with breast cancer, a mastectomy was suggested by another cancer center followed by chemo and radiation but then she went to the above mentioned center and they used the syrup and B/S treatment and she just recently went for an MRI and they can no longer find the tumor. If you have access to this center, I strongly suggest going there. I too had breast cancer. I had a mastectomy but did not do the suggested chemo or radiation. I used herbs and mushrooms and still do, 5 years later. My sister in law also had breast cancer and did all the traditional treatments as well as mastectomy and she died within a year. I truly believe in alternative treatment but under a physicians care.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders