ALK+ Update

First and foremost I can not THANK YOU all enough for sharing and caring for and about me. Your experiences/knowledge and responses have just been so encouraging, informative, helpful, valuable and head on with what's going on with LC. I keep repeating myself but I'm very very THANKFUL for this site.

I request and have copies of these results. As most of you already know and told me. The KRAS mutation was negative. ALK read Fish Results: Positive-Rearrangement of ALK gene in 80% of cells. My tumor was adeno-squamous.

Plan: Start Xalkori at 250mg twice a day. I will start tomorrow night so I have the weekend if I have any side effects. I'm hoping I don't. Insurance per my Onc will fully cover Xalkori. I got zofran just in case of nausea.

I'm making my way through the links that CraiginPa sent me to read and they are very informative.

Love
Francine

41 replies. Join the discussion

Good luck Frannie! I am keeping you in prayer that this is the magic bullet for that beast!
So...no side effects and awesome results, that is what we are asking for Lord! Thank you in advance.
God bless us all,
liz

Dear Francine,

I'm rooting for you 100%!

Blessings!
Brooklynda

Fran,
Im rooting for you too!!!! Even know I am not on here much right now, I still pray for all of you.
Love,
Deb

Great news!

Thinking of you. Prayers that all will be well quickly.

Blessings MARIA

Francine, that is the greatest news!!! I am hoping & praying Xalkori will just blast that cancer! And how wonderful that your insurance is fully covering the cost....wow!
Definitely keep us posted. I'm so happy for this good news for you.
Gail

Hope and pray the Xalkori works great for you without any bad side effects.

Liz,
My prayers out to you and Berry. I hope he is well and the chemo is kicking cancer in the rear but good to Berry. God Bless you both!

Love
Francine

Brooklynda, deb, weiwei, maria and bluegrasblue. Thanks for the prayers, support and encouragement. I'm a little nervous and my anxiety is up. It's like getting chemo for the first time, the unknown. Lots of positive posts on here about people tolerating Xalkori well.

Hugs
Francine

Gail,
Will definitely keep my inspire family posted. The truth about coverage will be revealed tomorrow when I go to pick up the Xalkori medication from the pharmacy. I'm hoping it will be fully covered. It's a very expensive medication.

Francine

I am praying for you all the way, Francine! Hoping that this new treatment plan goes smoothly with zero side effects! We love you!

Nancy

Youhooo!
I hope and pray Xalcori will work great for you!
I hope and pray for no nasty side effects and for you to feel like a Princess!

Please keep us posted!

Hugs and Love
Annika

Sounds like you got a plan and are proceeding ahead. Great news. This site has helped me with my sister too and I am forever in their debt.

Good news Francine! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Take care, Pat

Francine-
Good luck with Xalkori. I was on it for 22 months and it worked well for that period. I did have a good deal of side effects, all of which were tolerable. Do check back with us if you start having side effects.

I have since moved on to another clinical trial for ALK mutation (ARIAD) and am doing very well on that too.

I just hit my 5 year mark and am feeling really great.

Margot

Hi Francine!
This plan sounds most encouraging. I'm anxious to hear how you're doing after this weekend. I hope this treatment is gentle on you with minimal, or at least tolerable, side effects. Actually, no side effects would be ideal but the most important thing is to get you taken care of. You can do this.
xoxoxoxoxo

You go Girl! With this new treatment, you've got this sucker licked.
Love, Liz

Margot,

Good for you and it's good to know that you have moved to another treatment plan that is working for you. Helps me keep other options in mind as well. Blessings for your continued success.

Francine

Nancy, Annika, easterbay, pat, laura and liz Much Love to you ladies.

Francine

Go Frannieg go get that cancer, rip it up, knock it out of the park, kick its axx!!!!!!! You will do amazing, fantabulous.......you will beat the snot out of this crap :)
Love, Monica

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Photo of Dave Grant

The Lung Cancer Survivors Support Community has provided support for patients, caregivers, families and friends since 2006. We welcome over 600 new members every month in the fight against lung cancer.

ALK mutations and lung cancer

Join the discussion about ALK mutations and lung cancer

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders