Today I had to have a CT scan done for some broken vertebra in my back from an injury i had 3 months ago, but when i got my report back it made mention of a 7 mm noncalcified nodule at the left lung base posteriorly. Then a little further down i noticed it said 7 mm indeterminate nodule left lung base imcompletly imaged. My questions are as follows.
1. what exactly is a non calcified nodule
2. could the image be scar tissue from a trauma i had recieved 3 months ago or another trauma i had 2o yrs ago
3. what can you recomend i do for my next step as this is so very new to me.
4. how does this happen
5. what are the risk/dangers in this.
6. how fast does this type of nodule grow?
7. if it was there shouldnt the tests they did for my trauma show if it there at that time
Edited June 4, 2009 at 11:44 am