Crazy With Sciatica Pain. Need Answers!!!

Constant, excriciating pain. Whether I'm walking, standing or laying down. Feels as though someone is sticking a white hot poker into my outside thigh. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, what did they tell you it was. My doc is being very conservative. Put me on anti-inflamatory meds for 5 days. Took the pain down a notch but still extremely painful. Especially at night and in the morning. He is not referring me to a orthopedic doc just yet. But has prescibed vicadin at night for the next 10 days. I just don't know if this is going to help me during the daytime hours. He only wants me to take it at night. I really need to hear from anyone who has a similar problem. Thanks in advance for your answers.

4 replies. Join the discussion

I get this on and off- your sciatic nerve is being pinched somewhere. And it HURTS (it puts me in tears- awful). One year I actually went to the hospital, it was so bad- they gave me percocet, I think, which relaxed me enough that the problem subsided and then went away.

I have that...

2 failed spinal surguries left me with nerve damage.

I have my groceries delivered. I order alot off the internet and have that delivered. I use the dish washer when possible - even having my daughter put the soap in when I feel my back pinching. I have a grabber thingy that I pick things off the floor with...

I rearranged my life as to avoid that pain... Sleeping and laying down is the worst...

Now add on top of that PsA? When I found that out you could of knocked me over with a feather.

I have a broken bone in my back and sometimes the sciatica pain is terrible. BUT I HAVE FOUND A REMEDY! My chiropracter was selling a product called Orthogel ~ which I have since discovered I can acquire more cheaply on the internet. :-) I get the version of Orthogel that comes in a jar ~ it looks like green mint jelly ~ and I rub some on my spine or wherever it hurts. You still have feeling, but no pain! It's wonderful. Try it, those of you who suffer. I wish I had the money to send you a jar. IT WORKS!

JZYLDY Are you trying to sell something through this site?

bsongbyrd,
That said, I have acouple of friends that have gone to physical therapists which has really help them. There pain is gone. One friends Dr. wanted her to have surgery, not anymore. Both also have lost some weight, which they say helped also!

Hope your all feeling better,
Take Care,
April

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Arthritis Foundation Community Partners

Help the Arthritis Foundation Community Partners reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Arthritis Foundation Community Partners

Discussion topics

AF events and resources

Community leaders