Tightness of chest

I had my cabx4, 6 months ago. Yesterday at work I started having a really bad time with tightness in my chest, so much that I went home. I also noticed when turning to look behind me backing out of my parking spot it really hurt. Should this be happening 6 months post op?

Edited March 30, 2011 at 8:34 am

7 replies. Join the discussion

Tness, I feel for you on your dilema. The only answer I can give is maybe. Everyone is so unique with their experiences after surgery. I can tell you that I am 8+ years from my surgery and I still have unexplined pain. I went to the ER numerous times with what I thought was chest pains and tightness and never was my ailing heart the reason. What I did learn in time was that anxiety did play a major role in those visits. Still does today. If you had not had this pain since your surgery then I would reccommend a trip to the ER if it continues. Having decent insurance, I never hesitated to go after my surgery. The nice thing is (sort of) that if you go to the ER and complain of chest pains with a prior history they take you back immediately. The bad thing is that those same circumstances will keep you there for a minimum of 2-3 days. Good like my friend.

I have tightness every now and then; mostly when I'm stressed out. I try to walk to get my blood flowing and usually feel better.

Hi,

Did you ever find out what was causing the chest tightness? I am three months post op and have been having this as well. I had a heart attack one week after having my second baby (the attack was caused by pregnancy hormones). Therefore, I never had any chest discomfort before the event and I am really not sure what this is. I know they used my mammary artery and that area is still very numb and it is sore to the touch. At one month post op appointment with the surgeon, I was told this is normal, but I am a little concerned now as it has been more noticeable the last four days. Am seeing my cardio Thursday.

Hope you are doing well!

Amy

My triple bypass was in Dec and I am still having some strange pains at times, but what you are experiencing I have not had, but I do suggest you contact your doctor soon to find out. Stay positive, keep fighting and never, never give up. Am sure it will all turn out well. Take care,

Max

When I experience chest tightness, it's usually because I have not been taking my meds properly. I immediately get back on my water pill regimen and within 2 days I'm feeling much better, so I assume its the fluid building up in my chest and self treat it as congestive heart failure. I know I should be better about taking my meds so please don't chastise. Just so very tired of taking pills. Been battling diabetes, HBP, SVT, and depression for years and i just want a break every now and then. Hope this info helps with recognizing the chest tightness and what it could be.

By the way, my CABGx5 was 6 months ago.

I have had chest tightness and pressure, and some pain ever since my surgery. I've been to the er many times, and nothing. I finally have had 6 good days in a row. I had my cabg x4 November, 4 2010. I totally feel for you. For me, I just gave up and I deal with it. If you think you should get it checked, then you should. Keep an eye out for any other issues you may have. Could have pulled a muscle, slept funny, pinched nerve, could be minor or major. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Rocky

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders