Questions about Recovery Problems from 5 way bypass

I had the bypass in February of this year i still dont
feel that good i also have diabetes an i have congestive heart failure i taught after bypass i would be feeling much better Heart doctor says i am coming
along slow but sure i am always tired and i was wondering does anyone have trouble holding their head up appetite is ok kidneys seem to be good
sugar is being monitored with pills cant seem to sleep
at night cold all the time jerking in muscles at rest
still coughing up phlem please someone get back to
me thanks

9 replies. Join the discussion

I have two of your three conditions (minus the congestive heart failure) and my 5-way was only two weeks ago, so I am not going to be much of a judge of this for you. I do get colder than I used to (especially at night), but I am not coughing much. I have not had my first follow up with the surgeon yet, so we'll see what he says this Thursday.

With the tired all the time feeling, I wonder if that relates more to the congestive heart failure than the bypass itself, especially given the coughing situation. I remember a friend who had CHF, and he was tired all the time as well. Since your heart doctor says you are making progress, even if slowly, I would take that for what it is worth. Continue to listen to your body and to your doctor, and I'll add you to my list of prayers for a speedy(ier) recovery.

Keep us informed out here - the people on this board are terrific and want to help wherever they can!

Welcome Mrmuncy, I had a triple in Feb so we're about the same time out. I don't have CHF or diabetes, but have had graft failure and additional lockages with stent placement last month. I still frequently take a nap in the afternoon. I'm usually hot, rather than cold. I don't feel tired unless I'm active, then it takes very, very little. Have you started rehab yet? Are you physically able to do rehab? Have you talked about any of this with your cardiologist or regular doctor?
One of the hardest things for me was feeling like I wasn't getting better fast enough and that I should be able to do more. But one of the things I learned on this sight was that we all heal at very different paces and there is no right length of time. I kept hearing that it takes a full year. I'm realizing that I'm never going to feel the way I did before all this started. But the quality of my living is going to be even better now.
Please talk to your doctor and keep us posted. Like Manderskat said, it helps us all to share and help and be helped by each other. Blessings, Allie

Hi Mr, I am not diabetic but I do weigh 390 lbs. . So it has been 12 months since my valve replacement and they have been 12 long months. I do not have congestive heart failure but I am tired almost every day between noon and 5 pm. My head is heard to hold up and my neck muscles are very sore. Every morning in the shower i sit and let the hot shower run on my neck for about 3-4 minutes. That seems to help.
The other sympton I also get is about 3 to 5 times a day I jerk. Some small but the odd one jerks my whole body.
I think that since I did not follow a good rehab program, even thought it was offered to me, it has held me back and it seems to take a lot longer to recover than others.
My weight, which I am trying to tackle now, has really slowed me down since my knees are in constant excrutiating pain. overall I do feel better but it seems to take such a long time.
So we have some similarities. If you are not sure that you are getting better write down how you feel at this moment and look at that list every month and check how much better you are getting.

Reinhard

I am very gratefull for the replies It makes me feel
a little better seeing i am not the only one that feels
like this. I will take your advice and start writing down
each day how i feel. please keep me posted and i
will do the same
thanks again

Just wanted to inform you that MrMuncy is in the
Hospital, he went into diabetic coma July4th does
anyone knows what will happen now he is awake today
not all the way still on respirator but maybe that will
come out tomorrow the electrolights are out of wack.
does anyone know anything more about this bypass
was in Feb

Wow, my prayers are with you and your family during this time. I have no idea what will happen now, but if he is awake, I would take that as a good sign. One day at a time!

Keep us informed!

I have no experience with diabetis so I have no solutions or help but I give him some of my luck to help with his recovery.
Reinhard

How is mrmuncy doing? We're keeping him in our prayers.....

Hi I am writing this for Mr Muncy He passed away on
July 31,2009 but i am very greatfull for everyone
who replied this is great site. He was very happy when
i found it for him. Hope all you guys are ok i will keep
checking of the site. My prayers are with all of you.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders