Losing weight after 40

I'm 44 years old and used to be able to drop 25-40lbs, just like that, but now, It seems ALOT harder! Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? I could really use the help!

7 replies. Join the discussion

Have you tried yoga? I just started yoga with my mom and she is 47, we have been doing it for a couple of weeks now and she has lost about five pounds.

It is just as easy to lose weight after 40 as before but you probably need to change some things -I have high blood sugar and the doctor told me i must lose wt - i weighed 208
and have never dieted - i cut out most carbs which is hard beacuse i am acarb junkie - bread, cookies, etc - also took up walking almost every day for a mile or two - i have lost 12 lbs in 20 days just doing this - also gave up juice and drink water most of the time - juice once in while
i eat more fruit - my blood sugar has dropped tremendously - when i jones for somethig sweet, i eat it but a small portion - things seem so much sweeter agfer cutting them out for a while -
try some of these things - you'll see they work - good luck

I am with you there. 45, and keep gaining, but I determine to lose 10 to 15 pounds before this summer. I just started to use tread mill again and burn up to 300 calories 3 or 4 nights a week, and I watch what I consume daily basis. I hope to see a great result soon. Less food intake and burn more calories than intake. Work At it.

I lost 70 pounds at 56 by a lot of walking;swimming and a healthy diet restricting my calories.
I did it..you can!!!!!

Dee

Yes it seems after 40 the weight can stick to you like glue. I am 47 and noticing weight coming around the middle. I know walking 4 miles a day works trememdously if you stick with it. Walk 4 miles a day 6 days a week. Three days a weeks do Weight Training which will replace fat with muscle and speed up your metabolism. If you do this and eat a sensible diet without dieting you can do this, it works. The Japanese say to walk 10000 steps per day which calculates to approximately 5 miles per day. I lost 25 lbs in three weeks walking 4 miles a day.

As you get older your metabolism slows and also for many men after 40 hormones that help maintain muscle mass (which burns calories) decrease.

You would do well to look at some form of resistance training as well as cv work. This improves body composition and helps boost those hormones i was on about.

Do a search on Stronglifts, a very good program and free!

Yoga? well if you stuff your face cos you are stressed then yes but It's not going to make much difference to your weight unless you go all extreme with it esp. the diet.

BTW diets don't work, you knew that anyhow didn't you?

Face the facts or stay fat.

I was trying to lose weight and I hit the weight loss wall, then I found this site that really helped me out. The site is called www.weight-lossproductreviews.com. I found that site and then used their top rated weight loss product. I lost 30 pounds over the next 3 months and i have kept it off since. Just check the site out, you won't be disappointed.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders