Dizziness, loss of balance, sweating... all of a s

What would cause a 55 year old man in good health to all of a sudden be dizzy, loss balance, sweat. His equalibrium is out of whack, BAD, all this out of the blue ?

8 replies. Join the discussion

I would highly reccomend that you see your doctor soon. This may not be anything but it could also be a TIA (mini Stroke). My mother had the same symtoms in August and it was just that. The sooner you get this diagnoised the better. Good Luck and please contact your physicain.

Could also be an incident of atrial fibrillation. Check his pulse when this happens to see if his heartbeat is irregular. (easiest way is to put your thumb and fingers on the carotid arteries under the jaw line, forward of the ears) This fairly common heart condition is not immediately life threatening and can be treated.

Hi, I had a ear infection. With treatment it went away. Good lunck to you.
Sweetjoanne

should be tested for meiners your about the right age for it to start. sorry no cure and treatments are usally not successful. I'm deaf and are still dizzy, which causes nausea and falling down alot. I HOPE I"M WRONG. gl

You many want to consider looking into Meneire's disease. I have it and those are some of the symptoms. If he's ever had any ear problems, you should check in to this.
Good luck

The symptoms may reflect intermittent atrial fibrillation with possibility of clot formation in the atrium and embolization of the clot or possibly paroxysmal atrial tachycardia which is an unstable cardiac rhythm. See a physician promptly. If some other obvious cause of symprtoms is not found, there should be a good cardiac workup with 24 hour Holter monitor.

See a doctor. You could be having trouble with your blood sugar..... it could also be an infection, a middle ear infection..... it could also be hypertension ---

No way would anyone know without tests done by a doctor. You could also be having an allergic reaction to medication you are taking. If you are loathe to see a doctor, ask your pharmacist (hopefully all your meds are bought from the same place)....but seriously, see a doctor -- no symptom is too small or too inconsequential when you're talking about your health...

1st of all I am praying for you! Dizziness has many causes, however most often dizziness comes from affects on the equilibrium; important structure in the middle ear. Illness can affect it, medicine can affect it, disease can affect it, however sitting down or laying still may cause it to stop. If it continues when you arise then there is still..........cause and affect occurring. If dizziness is just fluid in the middle ear, heat in the middle ear, will make it move. One way to test this is doing the holding your nose and blowing. This allow pressure changes in the middle ear. It the dizziness is simple clearing will occur. Clearing fluids.........which blocks sound transmission and causes dizziness. Hope this helps! Dizziness is not fun to deal with so rule out Diabetics, Ear disease, Stroke and several other disease. I wish you the best.........Peace, Frank

author of The Love Touch............being touched daily is as important as breathing!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders