3 years of having hpv results

Does anybody have any advice they can give me on having 3 years of hpv testings and it not going away? i had my 4th pap test this week which i am waiting for results on... i had CIN2 back in 2005 and have had hpv since, my doctor said if this pap test comes back with hpv results again she is going to be refering me to someone for further testing..i am scared...i am only 24 and having all these problems..

pls help

11 replies. Join the discussion

had your doctor performed a biopsy after the hpv results ? this is crutial as hpv is the no 1 cause of cervical cancer.I recommend that you see a gynaecologist.

hi thanks for a reply...well i got my pap smear results and it has now come back with no hpv at all but has come back with low grade cell changes,but my doctor and other doctors in the surgery have no idea of why my results go from high grade CIN2 in 2003 which i have a cone biopsy for which removed the cancerous parts,then every year up till this year except 06 i had hpv but nothing is done till now because doctors are confused on why this is going on so i have to now make an appointment with the gynaecologist and get a coloscopy done to see what they think..im hoping all this wont stop me ever having kids as its hard enough to get pregnant as it is..im lost and bit scared..

where i said i had CIN2 in 2003 i menat 2005

needadvice,

Perhaps my story can help? I'm also 24. When my gynecologist told me that I had cervical dysplasia that was most likely caused by HPV, I freaked. I had never even heard of HPV. I started eating well, low sugars and high fruits and veggies and taking vitamin supplements. 6 months later, had a followup pap hoping that it would be gone, but the cervical dysplasia was still there.
I had felt like the healthy eating and supplements helped, but that I needed something more to fight the HPV. Around 2 months later, I saw a Naturopathic doctor hoping for some alternate advice and started taking Papillex. After 4 months on Papillex and continuing my healthy lifestyle, I went for a 3rd pap, and this time it came out clear and free of cervical dysplasia. Now I am so happy that I could cry. I want to share this story because I know that Papillex helped me to fight the cervical dysplasia out of my system and I feel stronger than ever.
I wish you luck.

thankyou very much for ur advice,it may just be something i will need to try... i cant get in to see my gynecologist till october to see what she thinks of all my changes in every pap smear i have,and to see if she recommends me getting my paps every 12 months or if i can go back to every 2 years..i just have to wait and see what they say..i also suffer with cystic ovaries and post traumatic stress disorder so am going through alot at such a young age,its very scary..ive had an ectopic pregnancy as well back in 2003..so i am hoping things will start to change for the better for me and anyone who suffers with any of this as well...once again thanku very much for your advice and i am sure i will give it ago..

I am not saying this to alarm you, but please don't wait until October to see your gynecologist. If they can't see you sooner, then find another gyn that will.

Hello,

You may also want to join our Cervical Cancer & HPV group sponsored by the National Cervical Cancer and HPV Coalition. You can join here:
http://www.inspire.com/groups/national-cervical-cancer-coalition/

Hope this helps,
Beth, TeamInspire

KMJsmom,

may i ask why i must see one sooner in your advice?

I have had vaginal and vulvar dysplasia for about five years. At first, I didn't understand that the HPV virus had caused all of this. I have had many, many biopsies and have been seeing a oncologist gyn for a year. I have repeated areas of dysplasia. However, the oncologist gyn told me as long as I keep my appointments every three months and received a colposcopy that my condition should remain in check. He said the people who get in trouble are those that do not keep their appointments and do not keep up with their care. The positive side is as long you're on top of your care, according to my doctor, the less chance the condition will progress. Good luck to you!

We read now that the 'medical community' has linked HPV with cervical cancer. I lost a friend to cervical cancer. A condition that could be precancerous can move very quickly.

Just a thought but if you are sexually active with a partner, that partner should be examined for venereal warts on his genetalia. This can be difficult if they are small and is best done by putting gauze pads soaked in vinegar around the penis for about 15 minutes. Most clinicians don't have that kind of time, but if you get cleared then get a reoccurence it should be checked. One other thing we can now do typing on these lesions and know that certain types are more likely to progress into cervical cancer.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders