Need a new RE in Atlanta

Ugh! I moved to Atlanta at about the same time we started ttc, loathed the OB/GYN that was recommended to me & made me wait through 3 fails to begin fertility testing (her office was entirely baby-centric & they seemed not to know what to do with me, on top of being totally unfriendly and unsmiling), so I had my prelim tests transferred to ACRM which has a really good reputation, but I can't stand my RE. She is curt, unfriendly, and could seemingly care less. She went to a great school but apparently never learned bedside (or deskside) manner. I need a recommendation for someone else. This process sucks enough without having to deal with a snotty, cold doctor (actually, now two). And she hasn't even completed all of the evil, invasive testing that she has planned (already had HSG-SUCKED!- now she wants me to take birth control pills and do a saline ultrasound....? but has already started talking about in vitro.... And she flat out denies that the genetic thrombophilia that she discovered I have could be the problem!?) Please, I need recommendations! Must be human and have a bit of warmth because I am not having an easy time of being the guinnea pig. Thank you!!!!

3 replies. Join the discussion

Hi there,
I highly recommend Dr Andrew Toledo at RBA - Reproductive Biology Associates. He is a lovely man with great warmth and caring. He came highly recommended by by my OB AND by my general practioner (who had her son 10 years ago working with him). I have never had a male doc before and I can truly say he has more warmth and compassion than the female RE I went to prior to him. Bedside manner is highly important to me too. After a year and a half of trying on our own, we did 3 IUIs with Dr Toledo. I wanted to switch gears to IVF and after 1 try, I am now 13 weeks pregnant.

If you need anything while going through this process, just let me know.

Dr Hilton Kort at Rba. Love dr Toledo also.
Also, you might get more responses if you change the setting to members. Good luck!

I also just moved to Atlanta and am about to get back into the game after a 3 year break. Thanks for the question and the Answers. Now i know who to look into!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders