Implantation after FET

Hey all,

I know this has been asked and answered but when I did a search everything but what I asked for came up. Anyway, when does implantation occur after an FET? I did a 5dFET yesterday.

Thanks!

8 replies. Join the discussion

After a 5dt, implantation would occur the day of or day after transfer. Best of luck to you!!!!

In a natural cycle, implantation occurs anywhere from day 6 to day 12 (delayed implantation is not uncommon). I don't know if its being an FET changes that timing.

from www.advancedfertility.com:

Embryo implantation after frozen blastocyst transfers (FET) can be slightly delayed compared to that seen with fresh blastocyst transfer. This is sometimes referred to as "late implantation", or delayed implantation.

However, the embryo implantation process is not different enough to warrant changing the timing of the blood pregnancy test. Frozen blastocyst transfers should have hatching and the beginning of implantation by about 1-3 days after the FET.

and more . . .

Is there such a thing as "late implantation" after IVF?

There seems to be some variation in the timing of implantation, based on blood levels of the pregnancy hormone (hCG) and variations in ultrasound development at 4 to 6 weeks of pregnancy. However, in humans there is not much leeway for late implantation because the "window of implantation" closes.

What is the latest chance for implantation after the embryo transfer?

Probably about 10 days after the egg retrieval.

What is the cause of late implantation of an embryo in humans?

We don't know much about this. It could be due to slower than average embryo development or late development of uterine receptivity - or a combination of factors.

Thanks guys. I've only ever done fresh ones so I wasn't sure of the differences.

I was wondering the same thing. Did you have any symptons during the 2ww. We did a FET on April 12. I am feeling emotional because I don't have any symptons. Please share your experience.

None at all except for a general sense of well being. My only clue that I might be pregnant is that I hadn't started spotting by the beta, which I also took a couple of days late. I had spotted before the beta for every failed cycle.

Good luck to you!

I did start feeling cramps about 3 days after the FET. Kind of sharp pains in a specific area which I am thinking might have been implantation cramping. No spotting though. But don't let that discourage you if you haven't felt them. It doesn't mean it didn't work. I didn't experience any cramping during my 2WW on my last IVF cycle that was a positive beta as well. And don't forget that with FET's, implantation can be delayed. Good luck to you!

Did a FET in March and did not have any symptons or spotting. They say everyone is different, the 2ww was not easy, after 4 years we are finally pregnant. Best of Luck.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders