How many days after your ET did you get a BFP??

I know it's bad to test at home (before the blood test) but most of us will due to anxiety. So, I am trying to get some information for all of us girls in our 2 week wait.

1. How many days after your ET did you get a BFP?
2. Was it a blood test or urine test?
3. What type of ET was it? Fresh or Frozen?

Thanks!

17 replies. Join the discussion

9 days after a fresh 5 day transfer I got a VERY faint BFP on a HPT (like barely there). Two days later was my blood test...same. The 2WW is torturous but I can't imagine risking getting a false negative because I was too impatient. I knew that most blood tests take place on day 9 after 5dt, unfortunately my day 9 fell on a Saturday so I knew that I had a better shot at an honest test result.

MENTS I got an extremely faint line 5 days after my 5 day fresh transfer. But we transferred 3 and all 3 stuck (currently 33 weeks with twins, we unfortunately lost one at 12 weeks). I think it's rare to get a BFP that early though.

***MENTS*** We did a fresh 5 day transfer and got a BFP at 7 days. My blood test was the next day at 8 days and it was positive as well. We are currently almost 17 weeks. ***END MENTS***

1. How many days after your ET did you get a BFP? 6 days post 5 day transfer
2. Was it a blood test or urine test? Urine (My RE made me wait until day 9 for the beta, which was positive).
3. What type of ET was it? Fresh

I waited until 9 days post 5 day fresh transfer and got a bfp. Blood test confirmed positive beta on day 14. My RE told me to test NO earlier than 10 days post transfer because the trigger shot I got could cause a false positive. I tested day 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 just to be sure and got dark positive lines.

4dp5dt, Urine, Frozen

Anyone else?

My RE would only do a blood/beta test at 14dp5dt. I POAS at 9dp5dt and got a faint pink line. I tested the next few days and the line kept getting darker. My beta was positive and very high. I ended up pregnant with 3 embryos, so likely had lots if hcg. I ultimately had b/g twins. This was from a fresh cycle. Good luck to all in your 2WW!

LOTS OF MENTS................ With our final transfer after a nearly 6 long year struggle, I tested at home only 4 days after transfer of 2, 5 day blasts. It was a frozen transfer using donor eggs. It was the first BFP I had ever seen. We now have 18 month old twin boys :-)

I got a faint positive 4 days after our ET and then a thicker line on day 5. I had bought the thin strips that are supposed to test for hcg at lower levels. I also used them to watch my hcg level drop after the trigger shot so I really knew that my positive test was positive...the test strips were cheap on amazon so I could justify doing it.

Sorry forgot to say it was a fresh 5 day ET with pregenetic testing.

MENTS... I got my first ever BFP today, 7dp5dt. Beta is still 4 days away. I know a lot could change. This is the first BFP we have ever seen. I had a 5 day transfer with ivf icsi due to MFI.

MENTS - BFP on urine test 7dp5dt FET. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with twins.

Congratulations!! That's inspiration for the rest of us!!

Anyone else is welcome to respond to this thread.

1. How many days after your ET did you get a BFP? 7d5dt fresh DE cycle
2. Was it a blood test or urine test? Urine test showed faint 2nd line. Had Beta 8d5dt confirmed pregnancy.
3. What type of ET was it? Fresh or Frozen? 2 x fresh DE (1x blastocyst 1x expanding blastocyst)

Just waiting for 3rd Beta Monday ;)

I transferred 2 fresh embryos on day 3. I did not test at home because I started spotting one week after (the same spotting I had for every month of the the 2.5 years I had been TTC) so I just assumed I wasn't pregnant. I then had my beta 11 days later and it was positive (and high). Ments I am 21 weeks with twin boys.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders