How long after cancelled IUI/IVF should I expect my period?

Our first IU/IVF cycle was cancelled due to poor response on 12/8/11. I still am waiting for my period. Has anyone experienced a delay in their period following a IUI/IVF cycle? I am 36 and have DOR, FSH 28 and AMH .016. I was on BCP for two weeks prior to start of injectables, which I started 4 days after stopping BCP, I was on injectables for 10 days, Gonal F, Menopur and Lupron. I am eagerly awaiting my period (I took a PG test which was neg.) in order to try a new protocol. I have heard that some with DOR, POR have experienced premature menopause due to the injectables depleting egg reserve?!?!? Any experiences with this??!?!?

5 replies. Join the discussion

I have always had my period on day 28 or 29 and had it on day 34 post my first IVF attempt. I don't think it is unusualy to have it delayed after IVF meds. My story sounds exactly like yours. I experienced the "lupron flair" protocal last IVF attempt (my first) without success (transfered 2 embryo's but did not take) and have just decided to transfer this (my second) IVF attempt into an IUI tomorrow secondary to less then efficient egg response. I have not heard that having DOR or POR would cause premature menopause with injectables. I certainly hope not! Good luck to you!!

I waited 3wks after my cancelled IVF last mth, to call my nurse. So my period was a week late. I went in for a u/s and bloodwork, to make sure there were no cysts or pg. I wasnt pg and no cysts, so I was put on provera for 5days. Good luck!

I don't have DOR, so I don't know if this will apply or not. I got cancelled on the day I should have taken the trigger, and 14 days later AF showed up.

I had a canceled IUI this past summer. RE put me on Provera immediately and I took it for 10 days. About 5 days after my last dose of the Provera, I started my period. You might see if they can call in a script for you for something to get the process moving a bit faster.

I don't want to scare you, but I didn't have mine for 3 months after...and then only when they gave me provera to get it going to cycle again. This happens to me everytime I do fertility drugs...clomid/femera I lose a month, more intense IVF meds, I lose at least 3. You can ask Doc to help you get it, but you may not ovulate for a while (that's what happens to me anyway). Good luck!!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders