Frustrated and searching for hope

A little bAckground is my husband and I have been TTC for 4 years, I'm 30 he is 32 , we finally have been to a fertility clinic and keep getting walls throw up. In 2009 & 2011 we did sperm analysis done by a urologist and one test said low sperm & low mobility .. 2nd test showed normal sperm but low mobility! The clinic we r seeing now says there is 0 sperm... They believe he has a varicocle but it's not 100% if they correct it. Is there any other hope?? What do we do next? What would u guys do??

1 reply. Join the discussion

TiffP8782 - My DH also has a varicocle. The urologist wanted to complete the surgery, but it can make it worse in some cases according to my IF doc. We looked into the cost of this, if insurance didn't cover it, it could be around $10k. We looked more into IVF and found this is our best bet given I have PCOS and he has the varicocle. I know IVF is expensive, but given the risk and cost of the varicocle surgery, we found this is the best answer for us. Our IF doc also said they can biopsy the teste to find sperm if men have a 0 sperm count.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders