Anyone on the 2ww?

I am 41 and want to start a discussion about the 2ww. I had my transfer of 5d blastocytes yesterday. Anyone had their transfer in the last day or two? How many did you transfer was it embryo or blastocyst? Did you do PGD on your embryos? I need support from ladies who are going through the same anxiety.

57 replies. Join the discussion

I am on the 2ww but a bit further along than you. I had my transfer of 5 day blasts last Saturday. They were donor embryos and were not pgd tested. We're yours tested? The 2ww is always the hardest part of this process. Hang in there!

I am going to be getting my frozen embryo transfer on April 15th. My first attempt failed they only placed 2 fresh embryos. Now I have 3 frozen left. I am gonna throw them all in and hope for the best. . LMAO.. I am cracking up right now. I hope you are chuckling!! :)

Hi
I am in the same boat... 2WW wait, ugh!

I had my DE IVF transfer Monday with an eSET 5 day blast. We did not do PGD. SInce our donor was 22 and my partner's sperm analysis was above average we opted not to do PGD. I did think about it though. Did you?

I have done 4 sessions of accupuncture since Sunday to do whatever I can :) It certainly does help relax me. Our BETA is Wednesday at 7am. I usually don't hope the weekends go by quickly but I will make an exception in this case!

How are you ladies spending the time?

Hi!

I'm in the TWW - this is IUI #2 for me. Today is 4dpiui and so far having no symptoms. Last cycle I had sore nipples during the entire TWW but nothing at all so far. TWW is torture. :-)

I am 38 and had a day five transfer yesterday. It was own eggs and a not quite a blast yet but they said it looked ok. Had 3 follicles one egg and one embyro. Good luck to you all!

Lisala- yes I had PGD done. I went from 8 embryos to 4 normal. Transferred 2 and froze two. Anyone have early symptoms? I feel nauseous but I think it's all in my head and wanting to be pregnant!

Hopesb- are you going to poas before Wednesday? I think I'll be tempted to poas before my beta on friday. Anyone poas before beta?

how about 2ww for just ole regular, not very exciting, almost mediocre, sex....(not DH's fault, just a general lack of enthusiasm on our part, I guess at least we can, and we should appreciate THAT)
for me this is endless, EVERY month I hope, even though my IVF was cancelled for poor response, one can assume they did not grow much on their own, with no meds, but, crazy me still hopes....
and OBVIOUSLY by my participation on resolve I am NOT busy enough.

Jzf2399
Just talked to my partner in crime about POAS before Beta. His thought was no, since HPT are not as accurate. But I can't decide - - - and sorry to say my way over his will win :) What do you think? If I did go for it maybe just the day before... so the HPT could get a better read. I guess if we DO test earlier we just need to know that if it's not positive the beta still could be!

uchuva,
I sure hope you get the "crazy luck" you are hoping for this month!!

Ok, off to my daily PIO shot... ouch.

Hi! I think I recognized your username from another group we are in. I had my transfer Wed and Beta is scheduled for Feb 12th. Not feeling anything yet except emotional meltdowns because I don't have much hope. Don't mean to be such a downer I've just had so many disappointments in the past and I haven't felt any implantation so I'm kinda worked up thinking nothing implanted. I did do acupuncture for the first time this cycle. So, I'm hoping that's why I haven't felt anything... It's suppose to keep everything relaxed and all. The two week wait it driving nee crazy! Glad to have somewhere to share thoughts with others in the TWW.

I think that if you are going to poas just do it the day before your beta as it will be more accurate. As far as any symptoms, I had some mild cramping last night and it freaked me out as u get cramps before AF but I read that you can have implantation pain also. Has any one had any cramps yet? Ugh... Will this 2ww ever end?

Jzf2399: how far into the TwW are you? I haven't felt a thing yet. No symptoms at all. But I'm only 6dpiui so we'll see! I have a good feeling about this month - trying to stay positive.

Yesterday (5dp5dt) I got a few sharp cramping feelings, happened about 5 times. Nothing yet today.

MENTS... I have been pregnant naturally twice before and had no signs leading up. Each of these ended in m/c, 6 weeks and 8 weeks... END MENTS.

So I am not sure how to think about signs or lack of signs :)

Hoping for postitive betas for all of us!!!

I POAS on Sat, neg, but way too early, resisted Sunday (got up and went for a 50 mile bike ride, that helps distract me) (oh and didn't pay this month, did timed intercourse, I wouldn't ride 50 miles if I was doing injectibles!). Resisted today, but think I have worn out my resistance tolerance and POAS tomorrow morning....also still too early. Then hope to resist another day. Shouldn't test until Thursday.... (I got a few free HPTs, so I feel I can 'afford' it).

Good luck uchuva. I will try and hold off the poas till Thursday or Friday.

I just got off of the 2ww. I was on bedrest for 3- 5 days which I tried to adhere to. Then since I'm currently not working I went to the Spectrum had lunch and saw movies. Yes I did make a trip to babies r us just for fun to walk around and look. I was that crazy idiot who took the hp test every day and it finally showed up pink on Friday. I had my transfer 1-23 Wed and it took over a week to show up but it did. I don't feel any symptoms truly. I think the breast tenderness is because I still have to do intramuscular shots of estrogen/progesterone. I had my beta Mon and am BFP. I wish you the best and empathize with waiting--I am the worst and yes I drove DH crazy but that's why he loves me..lol Good luck!

oh and I had 2 blasts transferred on day 5

Congrats Adrian12!!!! Good to hear that you had no symptoms. I'm 8dpiui with no symptoms...

Congrats!! You will get your BFP:)

My beta is Tuesday and I haven't felt any symptoms since my transfer 9 days ago. I'm worried...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders