Anyone in the New York area seeking a mental health therapist?

Ladies,
I have really been struggling in the last year, with 6 failed IUIs and a most recently failed IVF cycle.

I have been reading about the benefits of psychotherapy to help cope with my emotional crisis.

I am wondering if any of you have used a counselor for support?
Also, any NYC ladies able to recommend a good therapist?

thanks so much!

3 replies. Join the discussion

Hopeful,
I am really new to this forum, and do live in the New York City area. I have been seeing a wonderful supportive therapist to help me cope with the fertility roller coaster, gain coping techniques and keep me afloat emotionally during the tough times. I cannot recommend her enough! She's located in Park Slope Brooklyn; (Karin Feldman, LMHC).

feel free to message me directly for more information!

Dr Kristin Perry is very good and has an office on the upper west side.
She may not be taking patients right now but if you want I can message you her number.
Ann

Joann Galst in NYC (upper east) saved my life. Compassionate, helpful, and has been through infertility herself. She's the one person I trusted when she said "you can do this." Would highly recommend her; she specializes in infertility and pregnancy loss. She also takes most insurance.

30 E. 60th Street, Suite 802
New York, NY 10022

Phone: 212-759-2783
Fax: 212-755-5344
jgalst@aol.com

Appointment Scheduling: Call 212-759-2783
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, day and evening hours
Insurances Accepted/Managed Care Accepted: Oxford Health Plans, United Health Care/United Behavioral Health, Medicare

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support RESOLVE

Help RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association

Discussion topics

More From RESOLVE

Advocacy Day 2014

Center for Infertility Justice Blog

RESOLVE's newsletter

Unplug yourself. A quarterly newsletter written just for you sent directly to your home. Subscribe today.

Infertility Information

RESOLVE's Resources

Community leaders