The weather makes me hurt

Does rainy cold weather make anyone else hurt worse? I can actually tell when it is going to storm by the way I feel. I can't wait summer till I can warm my bones in the sunshine. I was just wandering if this was just me or if anyone else experiences this. Thanks.

13 replies. Join the discussion

I do, cold and rain make me miserable. Sunny days make me just about new again. My daughter predicts the bad weather with her arm and me with my entire body. lol

It is a change in barometric pressure for me. The day before it rains is actually worse; that is when the barometer is dropping. My son tells me I am better at predicting a front coming thru than our local weatherman!

Yes, Yes, YES! I live in Northern Florida & we have had a most unusally cold winter. Also, the rain really bothers me. It is supposed to storm here later on today, & yesterday, with the cool temperatures, plus the cloudy day really affected all of my joints. This morning is even worse, Thank the Lord for pain meds & topical otc creams like ALCIS (which really helps me)!

So, today, after I do some stretching yoga poses, I'll just take it easy,

Hope you feel better soon.

Love & blessings,

Jan :-)

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!! I am with everyone else on the weather thing!!!! It's terrible!!

Me 2

When it rains or is cold nothing helps the pain. I wear gloves, dress in layers, sit with heating pad and blanket. I also have Cirrhosis so taking pain medication is a no-no. I live in Florida so at least there is no snow. LOL
Mickey

I have often thought that it had something to do with the barometric pressure. I hurt much worse right before a front moves in. I live in Alabama so there is always a front moving in or out. HaHa. A few years ago we had a hurricane and I have never felt so bad as the day before it hit. I hate to know that you all have the same problems but I am glad to know that I am not crazy. HAHA!!

My husband calls me the walking barometer.

Alas, total agreement with all of us. I get so bad I can't walk, bend, stretch or type. If I take hot baths, put on copious amounts of clothing, even wear hat and gloves to bed, I can tolerate the cold. I'm in the Land of Oz, high winds, weird temperatures, cold snow. Does anyone get migraines on top of this curse?

Weather makes it way worse for me. I also found out that pressure in the air makes it worse too. It is so weird and I hate it being so unpredictable. I have migraines, but the doctors don't know if it comes from my FM or my hypersomnolence. They say it can occur with both. I am tired of snow around here, thats for sure. It is unique to have this much snow in Virginia. And it has definatley made it worse.

I have to agree with you and everyone here about the cold. I am such a cold person all the time. Being cold hurts the muscles so badly. I dress in sweatshirts, keep blankets on me almost all the time. I would love to keep the house warmer, but have to save on money, so that is another issue.
I live in MO where it can change at the drop of a hat.
I look so forward to summer and the hot temps. I never complain about hot weather.
What I really could use is a hot tub to soak in daily. I have spinal stenosis and disc problems and just had spinal fusion, so getting into a bath tub isn't a possibility for me. My son tells me that if I wear my swim suit he is willing to help me get in and out, but I really don't think even with his help I could get down in the tub, much less out of it.

Hang in there and keep blankets around you at all times. That and heating blankets help also. It doesn't always get through deep in the muscles, but it does help ease it a little. Every little bit helps and I will take anything I can get.

I hope the best for you.
Carol

NO! yes, there's always 'one' isn't there! lol! but I have to reply to this to say no! the winter/cold/rain/snow is all better for me! during the summer, and heat waves I get so much worse! I can't bear the heat and I can't bear the sunlight! I am in so much pain that wrapping up in blankets and having lots of cusions/pillows is a comfort for me! I can only do that during the winter! when its warm or hot even, I feel so much worse! I don't want my curtains open as I get pains in my eyes and head from the sun, I don't want the heat as I get even sweatier, I get more pain, and my breathing is badly affected but then, I have lung disease too so it doesn't help me at all when we have warm/hot weather!
Emotionally too, I'm happier in the winter, when it rains, dark days etc I feel so much happier emotionally, and I get total excitement if it snows!
I guess I'm just 'different' to the majority of people, I really do hate the sun!

Sorry to disagree, but for me, I dread the summer!

Hi SillySally,
Thanks for your reply. I guess this just proves how unpredictable fibro is. I even enjoy getting in the tanning bed because the heat feels good. And it makes me look better.LOL! and I need all the help I can get! HAHA I guess you will just have to crank up the AC this summer.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders