Supplements dilemma

I am confused and have spent way too much on supplements. Besides a multivitamin and extra vitamin D what else are you all taking?
Renee

14 replies. Join the discussion

I Recommend instead of guessing at it to get a whole battery of test. I got Organic Acids Test- Nutritional and Metabolic Profile. There it showed that I had Vitamin C, A and D3 deficiency and High Tartaric and Arabinose or best known as Yeast, Candida overgrowth in my intestinal tract. Also showed a High level Of Neurotransmitter Quinolinic/5-hiaa ratio and Mandelic Acid. I also got a mineral Analysis and turns out I actually have Mercury Poising wish symptoms are the same for fibro and Thyroid. Wish was what we were trying to determine what was the underline issue for my fibro symptoms. At the moment I take Chelation the drug dmps but I got a allergic reaction so I stop that and doing the natural chelation of Liposomal glutathione. I take Powder vitamin C 3 times a day 1/4 tsp, Msm 1/4 tsp, Vitamin A and D3 2 times a week, Niacin / Inositol 1,200mg 2 times a day and Terbinafine 250mg one a day for 2 month to control the yeast is a Drug and the natural probiotic Ultimate Flora 50 billion once a day. I had a food allergy test and turns out I'm allergic to Garlic, onion,Cantaloupe, watermelon, apples peaches, pineapple, msg, pecan, peanuts, Cucumber, mushroom, green peas, Cauliflower, spinach, corn, oats, beef, shrimp, cheeses, Milk,coffee, soybean, Navy beans, green dye, flourine, chocolate, Black pepper, mustard, and Yeast. So I'm actually have to watch very carefully what I eat. I'm actually going to start on medical food to help with my eating limitations.
I did the same thing and bought to many things I really didn't need just because I heard someone benefited from it but didn't realize I was making my symptoms worst because didn't know I was allergic to it. I do a combination of regular Doctor drugs and natural stuff. For sometimes the natural doesn't necessarily is better for you if you are allergic to it. Like in my case. I also take Cymbalta, tramadol, Tiridizine. I take a total of 13 pills a day with out counting the powder stuff I mix in my morning smoothie or juice.

Gblack...did you use Great Plains Laboratory?

yes also via christi health clinic laboratories in wichita, kansas. I was not satisfied with what i was getting from my regular Doctor and I travel to Kansas at the Riordan Clinic after finding the Lecture of Dr Ron Hunninghake "overcoming fibromyalgia. I did a Chronic illness appointment which is a 2 day appt where they do all the test at there labs or at any lab nearby of your choice. Now I have him as my head doctor and since i'm out of state most my appt after are on skype but the condition is to come in person once a year. I had to pay most of all from pocket about 3,000 but it really put me on track as to not feeling like i'm beating the air. Now I have a definite something to fight of. You can find the lecture on Youtube by typing the name of the lecture. Hope I could help some. Like I say what works for one doesn't mean it will work for you but no harm in trying.

Supplements: Curcumin (alternative cox-2 inhibitor, tried going off but felt worse), Glucosamin/MSM/ Chondrotin (tried going off this but felt worse), B12 (tested), D3 (tested), High dose b's, multi and L-s(Jacob Teitelbaum Energy Revitalization Powder, don't have any more down for the count days with this), Astragulus (for immune system) (no illness even colds for three years), fish oil and probiotics.
In the evening, I take melatonin, 5-HTP, Calcium/Mag., .25 MG Clonazepam ( weaning off, was for restless leg but I have cured that with other supp.), 5 mg ambien if needed, low dose LDN (great stuff, cured the restless leg, helps with insomnia)

I have found the following supplements instrumental in helping with my fibro symptoms: co-q 10, l-carnitine, d ribose, fish oil, iron (borderline anemic), fibroplex (contains malic acid), magnesium, vitamin d 3, and super snooze (contains valerian, melatonin, skull cap, passion flower etc.). I take these supplements on a daily basis.

I took so many supplements and paid to try everything. Nothing made much of a difference except omegas.

I stick with the Fatigued to Fantastic remedies by Enzymatic Therapy and take extra D-3 by Now vitamins. Easy peasy and no having to wonder lol :p

Thank you so much for your replies!

I agree, the Fatigued to Fantastic supplements are the best, especially the revitalizing powder.

I can't wait to get that one, I only started with the B Complex so when I get my ssa I'm getting the rest!! Besides, it's E.T. and they have been around for a very long time, is a great company with awesome products!!

I looked them up do you take all of them?

I myself am going to be taking all but only started with what I could get at the time, the b complex one, I may wait on taking the adrenal stress one tho as I may not need it. I would recommend at least starting with the energy infusion powder, b complex and sleep restore. Not everyone will need the adrenal one and I would check symptoms first for symptoms.

I will say to those with testy bladders- they do not like antioxidants in my experience. If your issues are of an autoimmune nature- immune boosting products might make problems worse.
FYI

Hi, Just saw your list of food triggers - have you checked out the FODMAP information? Your food list seems to correspond exactly with that. There is a lot of mis-information about FODMAP out there and a lot of incomplete/incorrect lists.
The world leaders in this area at at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. Also the dietician Sue Shepperd in Melbourne. Make sure you look at their lists for the most uptodate.
http://med.monash.edu.au/cecs/gastro/fodmap/

I've been following the FODMAP diet since Dec 5 and my fibromyalgia has cleared up 95%.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders