Partial insomnia cure

Good early morning - ;)
I break down my insomnia to: falling asleep, staying asleep, waking due to pain and waking up too early (like 5:30am and not getting back to sleep). I take melatonin (which helps), exercise, sleep routine and etc.. But I wanted to share a "partial cure" that I have found to my first problem - falling asleep.
I have never listened to music to fall asleep but there is this self healing CD that now, I can't live without! It's call Self-Healing with Sound and Music (I'll put the link below). It's based on brain waves and the music comes in three stages: alert, relaxed/meditative and what I call "deep sleep". There are two CD's in the package. The first one explains all about the scientific concepts of musical healing (this Dr. Andrew Well researchs brain waves and chronic pain) and the second one is the music.
The music is progressively sleepy for me. The first two songs are alert, the next 2 - 3 songs are relaxed and the final 2 - 3 songs are deep sleep.
I enjoy the first several songs (there's no singing, just instruments). But, here's the thing, I've never heard the last 2 - 3 songs! I'm always asleep by then!
Another effect of the music is that I wake up relaxed (though still not completely rested) and sometimes with a feeling of happiness.
I suppose you could train yourself t fall asleep to any music. This CD makes it easy though.
Here's the link via Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Self-Healing-Sound-Music-Andrew-Weil/dp/1591791987/re f=sr_1_sc_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1355734541&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=slef+heali ng+music

I will add that my husband is not crazy about the music but since I always go to sleep before him, it's not an issue.

Good luck - Jeanne
P.S. - I've crossed posted this to the Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome site too.

1 reply. Join the discussion

Thanks I'm going to check this out. I notice my insomnia comes in stages.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders