OUCH MY FEET BURN

Lately at the end of the day the bottoms of my feet burn. Does anyone else have this? They feel like their on fire. I hobble around cause I can barely walk on them. Ive been spraying them with eucalyptus oil and it seems to help. Ordered miracle slippers off the tv but they didn't help. Any ideas would be welcome to get rid of this. :)

16 replies. Join the discussion

I'm so glad you had posted 'burning feet'!
I thought it was from my osteoartritis in my knees.
Do you have knee,hip or back problems? Maybe it's linked to that? Who knows?
It kinda strange for me sometimes when the bottoms of my feet are burning they feel cold to the touch. Than they are red and swollen.

When I go to bed @Nite my feet have to be cold. If they aren't I have to hang my feet hanging out of the covers til they are ice cold!
When I put them back under the covers its almost like falling asleep on a cloud :)

Does this sound familiar?
I have a lavender/menthol gel I had gotten from a magazine ahwile ago. I'm sure you could find something on the order of it @Bath & Body, Walmart, bath, bed &Beyond and so on. The lavender helps calm the throbbing I get sometimes.
Hopefully I've helped some! Also I hope others respond to your post so we can hear more stories &ideas that might help!
Take care, good luck!
I follow replies as long as my Email doesn't crash anymore.
Signing off with hotfeet LOL, Bec

Its you weird that you mentioned the burning feet , not that I dont believe you that isnt it . I had an injury to my back and left knee and as I returned to work the bottoms of my feet burned so bad and by the time I got home from work I could barely get out of the car to walk in the house. This has continued into this back injury but I never really thought of that until now because I associated that with the first injury maybe I better mention this to my doctor . I just assumed it was part of aging and I will just have to deal with it . I know It would take several days in bed to mae that ease a bit but it really has never gone away . I still can not stand on my feet for very long until my back and feet are burning , thanks for this reminder I will see what my dr says and post later today to let you know what she says. God Bless and remember Somebody Loves you.

Melody

omg this happened to me last night.i thought someone put gas on them then put a match to them.i have rsd fibro and copd i guess this is the rsd.i hope its not spreading

i have been dealing with this for almost as long as i have had fribromyalgia(11yrs) and i have found no relief from it. the only thing that helps is not being on my feet< i just lie down until it's not so bad.

Thank you all! Keep posting and I will too. I am looking for solutions. Wish me luck. Post if you find anything that works or just to talk. Sometimes they hurt when I sit too until I take my shoes off. I do have back problems but the doc said it is a major Fibro symptom.

By the way, it is WEIRD. my husband has touched my feet when this happens and says they are cold or normal, not hot. But they burn like they are on fire.

My feet go to sleep alot and it seems weird the burning then starts it is taking longer and longer for this to stop My psychilogist said he thought I had RSD but the pain doctor diagnosed fibromyalgia so Im not sure which it is . I think it is a pain in the tush the more I rub my feet or even move them it hurts but finally they do wake up and forget standing up because I find my legs cant they wont holld me up I dont know how many times I have woken up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and got up and falling and this is very scary . I just lay there praying I can hold it in until I can get my my legs and feet to cooperate LOL but I got this new dr and I am so hoping I can get this under control soon. God Bless and remember Somebody Loves You.

Melody

Melody. It could be RSD but I don't have that and they still burn. Going to look it up on my Fibro symptoms website. Will post later.

It says both Fibro and myofascial pain syndrome can cause a burning sensation under the skin. I think this is the reason now I just have to figure out how to fix it.

Melody have you tried a walked? I also wake up to Pee and my legs are stiff and weak and my walker and canes really help me prevent falls.

Hello to Canebaby & all,
Yep. I'd say probably 90 percent of us with Fibro.,CFS, & the rest have restless leg syndrome,
neuropathy, or other odd aches & pains. I buy OTC "Restless Leg Cream" & smear it all up & down
my legs from top to bottom before bed. It has a calming effect & all natural. :)
Neuropathy is a burning, numbness....tingling feeling mostly on & around the bottoms of your feet
but, can ,also, happen anywhere, including your hands. It is caused by raw nerves.....literally. Alot of folks with diabetes suffer with it as well. I buy OTC oil made just for
this problem & my hubby rubs it on the bottoms of my feet, before bed, because I find it
almost impossible to get to that area on my own these days. :( BOTH these products help me,
alot.
They can be found in several health catalogs.....including:
1. DREAM PRODUCTS www.DreamProductsCatalog.com
2. easy COMFORTS www.easycomforts.com
3. Healthy Living by Ameri Mark www.amerimark.com

And there are more helpful products out there. You just have to get busy & do your homework. I hope this helps some.
Good luck & stay strong. As you research Fibromyalgia you will learn that it causes tons
& tons of health problems. And the list goes on & on.
(((Hugs))) from eaglehaslanded Remember: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Thank you eaglehaslanded. I am looking now. We have been using the Australian eucalyptus oil with excellent results. I also cannot get to the bottom of my feet so what I do is spray it on a tissue and then rub my feet on it. A word of warning however. DON'T GET IT ON THE FLOOR. it is really slippery. Love and hugs.

Oh. I usually put a newspaper on the floor and then put the tissue on the newspaper. This prevents me from having to clean up a oily mess.

Hello all, I have not been on in a couple months because I just feel worse lately. I saw this discussion and had to reply! This bottom of my feet burning sensation is really painful. I get it when I walk in my thongs to long. On Easter it was bad so I kicked my sandals off and sat, but the intense burn stayed for 15 minutes. This has only happened 3 times. I have also been having severe swelling to gums and mouth and sore throat more often...lasting months. In fact, it's not getting better. I don't know if it's fibro or another autoimmune thing cropping up. What do you all think?

Dear tropicalisle............
I'm not a real doctor,but, I play one on t.v. !!!! LOL!!!!! :)

Seriously, my friend......you should see a foot doctor to rule out anything physical going on.
Then, after he/she has eased your mind, chuck it up to one of the many "fun junkie miseries" the Fibro. CRAP can & WILL
surprise you with. Even down to your poor feet. Yep!
I rarely, if ever, wear shoes these days because of my foot/ankle pain that's with me
99 percent of the time. I wear support hose 6 days out of 7. (I rest on the 7th day.) ;-)
Also, wear alot of soft slippers. No flip-flops or mules or hi-heels or I'd kill myself because I have numbness
in my feet as well, & need to know where my feet are while under me.

Good luck to you, my friend & sending gentle (((Hugs))) eaglehaslanded

Eagle......hee hee, I love your sense of humor!

Dear Tropicalisle,

Glad you appreciate just one of my many talents.-?? I got a million of 'em. :)
Heck. It's part of what gets me thru the day. That & crying & yelling & eating & writing in my journel & hugging my
dog & reminding my hubby how DUMM he can be & watching old love stories on
t.v. & listening to The Beatles sing & watching birds eat outside my windows & .......
well, you get the drift. ~~~~~~~ Oh! And now, because of you, my friend.....I can dream
of living on a tropical island!!!!!! YUMMY!!!!! ;-)
But, right now I need a nap, & my nose is sore.
(((hugs))) to you, gentle friend...... from eaglehaslanded

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders