NORCAL MEETING THIS SATURDAY

The California Group meeting is set for September 7th in Fairfield.
We will be meeting at
Chevys Restaraunt
1730 Travis Blvd.
Fairfield Ca
707-425-8374

12:30

Just a reminder about our meeting. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me ....Mimi.Petersen@fmdsa.org

Look forward to meeting some new folks and seeing the "old" ones!

16 replies. Join the discussion

Planning to try and make it.

My sister, Nina, and I will be there. Possibly her husband, too.

Chris

ii have appointment re my back with Dr this afternoon...pain is still there, but not as bad....try, try, try to make it this time as I soooo want to meet my "fellow fmd'ers"! Thank you so much for all the work you do for us, Mimi, and I shall keep you posted!!!
Betty (lecat)

Hope you can make it jesses, Christ look forward to meeting you and Sis and maybe hubby.
Betty hope you can make it and meet our other CAL Betty! Been a few years since we saw each other!
Looking forward to a great get together!
Mimi

Well, Mimi and all...

The good news re my back is that my family Dr said "if it were me, I'd avoid surgery until the pain takes over", BUT, he was unable to get any kind of reflex from left leg, and that concerned him (nerves dead?)...he agrees I should avoid any heavy duty work (yay!), and doesn't advise traveling until we see what this is going to do, and I'm also going to be talking to Dr Laird about this, as it is my left side, where they did that "bench top" surgery...

Today I feel no pain...none, and I feel fantastic re this...but, even with spending the night (motel), it is a long trip...what really bothors me is, ok...when Jer and I go on trips or say, to Dr Laird in Sac., we always take a motel...but I take my pain medication for the trip, and "just don't feel like me"...And I don't want to meet everyone appearing "loopy" or in pain, does that make sense?

Also, had a talk with him about this stupid brain aneurysm of mine...as I think I told you, I'm due for complete check up of all my FMD areas at Davis in Dec...Family Dr seems to think I should have it "clipped"...(as opposed to living in small town where I am, and having it "blow")...this is someting I am to do some serious thinking about, and we will discuss it more at my next visit towards end of the month...He doesn't think I should be in sitting position for too long until we see how long this "pain free" period goes...

So, will keep you posted, I promise...I dooooo so want to meet everyone, including Jessie and her mother, and "the other Betty"
and of course, see you...but I don't want to be a "drag"...I want to be in a positive, happy, laughing mood when I meet all...
Will keep you posted.
Betty

Hi Ladies,
I will be there. Can't wait to see everyone this Saturday and meet some new friends.
Donna

Hi Mimi,

I am sorry but I won't be able to make it this time. I got married on Labor Day and am behind on the rest of everything in my life (work, home, finances, etc.) so can't take the time to go all the way to Fairfield and back.

I hope you have a great get together.

Kristy

Kristy.......Congradulations! Yiipeeeeeeee to our newest Bride!
How exciting!
Betty hope your back gets back in shape with out any intervention!

Our next meeting will possibly be in January. Dr. Chi is looking into having a room for us to gather at UC Davis.

Take care all!

Mimster...wow, Dr Chi looking into having a room for us to gather (at UC/Davis)? I know just where I'll stay...it's a motel right across from the hospital (not clinic...we've stayed at the Mariotts but weren't crazy about that)...there's one on Stockton Blvd, use to be called Best Western, but has been bought out from another motel chain...can't think of the name of it right now...but, they have little balconies off each room...looking out to the "quiet street" behind Stockton Blvd...(not facing the hospital)...January...a new year...what fun!
My news is not the greatest...back pain is better, but if I'm on feet for too long, leg starts hurting...pain rx helps, but just to take the sting off...my family dr (think I told you all this) says if it were him, he wouldn't opt for surgery unless pain gets worse, or doesn't get better...
So, then our car...at the repair shop with a "computer problem"...won't be able to look at it until Monday (we took it in last Tuesday)...so, doesn't look good for me to see/meet so many of you tomorrow...but Mimster, I promise you, (and remember, I made that one in Santa Cruz!), I DO, I DO want to come...become a "regular"...help you, and meet all the girls in No Ca!
Thanks again for all you're doing, Mimi!

Mimi and all No Ca FMD'ers...

Oh, it's Saturday a.m., and I'm so thinking of you guys...

I now some are so private re having their pictures taken (ha! I should talk...I STILL NEED TO PUT MINE ON THIS SITE!!!), but...would you/could you take a few pictures and share?

Oh, I've said it before, but I honestly, truly mean it! I AM going to make it to the next meeting!

Thinking of you guys, and pls, know, know, I care, so much?

Betty

Ok I had planned on going but bp has decided not to make it safe. As its dropping a little too low to be able drive safely. I am going to planto make next one with out a doubt. Enjoy the time all wishing I could be there.

Jess,
No worries, we are a casual group. I hope you feel better, I know well that b/p drop. It stinks. I was advised to increase my sodium which did seem to help. Also allowed me to have some chips which I normally stay away from.
Take care and meet you soon!
Mimi

Thats odd as I was told to reduce my sodium intake. By drs here so I have? That is why I am so looking forward to seeing dr laird up at uc davis they have me on a low sodium diet now that may be why bp is so up and down. People hear blood pressure issues and immediately day reduce sodium intake yet I feel like its creating more issues for me health wise. Feeling very frustrated by it all.

Hello All,

We had a great meeting. Met two new folks and some oldies (smile) were there. We shared our stories and talked about some of the exciting happenings in the FMDSA world. Looking forward to the possibility of the meeting at UC Davis that Dr. Chi said they would like to host sometime next year. When they give me more info I will share.

Remember if you would like to meet others in your area go to the FMDSA.org website and look for your group leader. A group can be two people or 20 people! But if you have not yet met another FMD'er I encourage you to give it a shot. It is comforting to meet others who understand your journey to some degree.

Take care and have a great week!

Oh Mimi...

Thank you for sharing! I'm remembering the time I met you, Nancy and Ruthie in Santa Cruz for our little Pow Wow...what a time, and remember how we just "clicked"?

Sharon Laird and I live, not too far from each other...she's in the "waiting period" to see Dr Laird (see above post)...I think that's the hardest with THIS STUPID DISEASE!!! I know she was planning on going (w/her mother), so...next time, yes?

Thank you for hosting the get together!

Oh Mimi...

Thank you for sharing! I'm remembering the time I met you, Nancy and Ruthie in Santa Cruz for our little Pow Wow...what a time, and remember how we just "clicked"?

Sharon Laird and I live, not too far from each other...she's in the "waiting period" to see Dr Laird (see above post)...I think that's the hardest with THIS STUPID DISEASE!!! I know she was planning on going (w/her mother), so...next time, yes?

Thank you for hosting the get together!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FMDSA

Help the Fibromuscular Dysplasia Society of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Fibromuscular Dysplasia Society of America

Discussion topics

Resources from FMDSA

Community leaders