Norm lost his fight with E

My husband Norm passed away tonight from pneumonia brought on by the complications and treatment of encephalitis. He was diagnosed last July with paraneoplastic E.

48 replies. Join the discussion

I am so sorry to hear about Norm . My sympathies are with you and your family.

Mark

Photobucket
(Photo: Judy and Norm)

Ahh Judy my friend! When you and I met in Vancouver last year, I could see that you are a strong woman. Your strength has helped Norm through these final months... and now he is at peace and no longer has any discomfort. Hugs to you and your family, Judy. I wish your road ahead to be a smooth one.

My deepest sympathies! You will be in my prayers ~ jody

Judy,

My heart and love goes out to you in the time of sorrow. I know that Norm is at peace at long last. He put up a strong fight and had you by his side all the way.

Much love to you,

Teacher Judy

Sorry for your loss Judy, You are in my prayers.

My sympathies to you and your family Judy.
Kat105 and son

Judy I am so very sorry. A hug for you my friend and fellow caretaker. I know you feel lost right now, I wish all of us could be there to support you. With my deepest sympathy, Lola

Dear Judy I am so sorry to learn about your sad loss. Norm put up such a long hard fight. Take care of yourself, love from Brenda.

Dear Judy, I am so sorry to hear that Norm has passed. Being a survivor of E, all I can say is is that he's in a better place.
Love to you and yours,

Ingrid

Judy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Norm was very lucky to have you as his wife and caregiver.

Denise

I am so sorry, please keep all the wonderful memories of him close to your heart.

Dear Judy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your love and devotion to Norm is an inspiration and a testament to courage in the face of overwhelming odds. beachaven

Judy,
My heart goes out to you at this time. You were an incredible partner and caregiver to Norm. He was blessed to have you by his side. May God bless and strengthen you at this time of sorrow.

My 14 yr old niece told my sister just before her death from cancer - don't cry for me because I have seen where I am going and it is beautiful. My sister said she was crying because she will miss her but will see her again on the other side.
Lisa

I wish there were words to comfort you. Just know that so many of us care. Warm thoughts and prayers going your way.

Hello Judy.

I never met you or chatted with you but we are a big family here and we share your pain.
I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family.
Norm is now at peace.

Orlando.

Dear Judy
I am so sorry to hear learn of the sad news that Norm has passed away. We have communicated so much during the last few months. Encephalitis is a horrible illness and more needs to be done to heighten the awful affect it has on sufferers and their families.

My heart and love is with you and your family at this time.
Much love Jan-ann

Dear Judy. so sorry to hear such sad news, when you both had so much hope. just wanted you to know that we are still here and can listen to you anytime. stay strong. Bridie

Dear Judy. You and Norm have fought the fight. And your dedication to him and his battle against this hideous disease has been exemplary. May we all vow to push for earlier diagnosis, more comprehensive treatment, and a cure... all in his honor. As you heal from your loss (our loss!) I hope you'll stay in our circle and continue the fight. We need each other. Blessings to you... and Peace to Norm.

Fr. Bob

Dear Judy, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband Norm. Even though we haven't met we are all connected by E.
Aloha, Janine

I did not know you or Norm, but we all share this terrible disease. I am so sorry your life has been shaken by this terrible tragedy. You are in my prayers.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support Encephalitis Global

Help Encephalitis Global reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Encephalitis Global

Discussion topics

Special Encephalitis Report

Free special report: I'm Not the Me I Remember: Fighting Encephalitis

Fighting Encephalitis

Community leaders