inexpensive compounding cream

I thought I would share this... compound cream for our joints? Dr. Francomano prescribes, this lotion is usually made with 3% diclofenac, 2%baclofen, 2%cyclobenzaprine, 6% gabapentin, 2%lidocaine. Insurances do not pay for it, but I found it at Sommerton Compounding in Holly hill, SC has this compounding cream for $40 for 100gm with the best base (hyperallergenic) called Lipoderm. You can have your doctor fax prescription to 1800-372-5722 attn, Trina. They will mail you the cream at no additional charges!!! The base is Lipoderm, which is hyperallergenic!!!

also, This is what I tried on at the Orthocarolina Hand Center and liked..just wish I could find the gel in the hands too...im still looking...
for the hands!! http://www.orthoshops.com/shoppingcart.aspx
for the elbows and heels!!! http://www.pattersonmedical.com/app.aspx?cmd=getProduct&key=IF_921028812

10 replies. Join the discussion

We got ours through a company in Alabama for $6 covered by insurance, but it didn't help the pain.

Wow! For that same compound and 100gm? With lipoderm as base? If so please give their number! Did you get the dosage or meds changed to work for you? The Dr can up the dosage and/or change the meds.

This is where we ordered it from: https://www.totalpainrx.com/patient-services.php

The doctor faxed in the prescription.

Thanks! I'll def try it.

Xozoe, how much is it? I just went to Carolina Compounding & Nutritional pharmacy and they went out there way for me! Nice folks!
7825 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy Suite 230
Charlotte NC 28277
704-540-4330
You can have Dr (or if your going to pick up just bring original Rx) fax Rx to 704-540-4660 or
Email to asloan@ccnprx.com
They also have a registered Dietician & licenced nutritionist there on Tuesday 9-2!
They matched my price above, but just for my first order! We will work out a good deal for refills!
They will be at one of our Carolinas EDS, Chiari & n More meet n greets and our the 2014 Conference!

This morning my local compounding pharmacy gave me the quote for what it would cost for me to get my pain topical from them instead of from SEC in Alabama where I usually get it for $20 (special price for Dr. F's patients). SEC is working on their license renewal for my state so I can't use them right now. Anyway, the local pharmacy said it'd be $236. There are 2 other compounding pharmacies here, so I'll check with them but I suspect I'm going to end up calling TPS, so thanks for sharing that info!

It works! I use it more during the middle of the night and the am when I wake up. I hope I don't build a tolerance for it and have to up any part of the compound.

Thanks so much for this info. This cream is similar in content to a cream prescribed by a former pain management dr here in Texas . The pharmacy billed my insurance $18,000 for a three month's supply. Yes. $18,000. Sickening. We called them, certain there was an error of an additional "0". No error. Our insurance paid $17,000. I refused to order any more on moral grounds.

I am glad to help. Mine was $6 after insurance. Just have your doctor fax the script in. xoxo

I guess it depends on the ins. I have Medicare n medicaid...they don't pay. Did you find another pharmacy instead of the 18,000!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support EDNF

Help the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation

Discussion topics

Community leaders