DIET AFTER SUBTOTALCOLECTOMY??

I HAD A SUBTOTAL COLECTOMY 2 YRS AGO FOR COLONIC INERTIA. THEN LAST NOVEMBER I HAD MY GALLBLADDER OUT. I AM UNDERWEIGHT AND AM STILL STRUGGLING TO FIND A DIET TO EAT THAT WON'T ADVERSELY AFFECT ME WITH PAINS THE NEXT DAY OR CHRONIC DIARRHEA/BLOW OUTS, ETC.

2 replies. Join the discussion

I recently had a total colectomy. I have found that starches and things work best. If I eat raw veggies...salads or whole grain foods...or lots of sugar, I usually end up with more watery stools. Good luck and I wish you the best....

Avoid fiber as much as possible (fruits, vegies, nuts, seeds, whole grain flour products). Stick to white potato (no skins), pasta, bread, rice, rice cereal, fish, poultry, eggs, peanut butter, and dairy. You might also benefit from reducing the amount of fat that you consume. Everyone's different, so keep a record of what you eat and what your output is like afterwards. (I use excel spreadsheet and still make an entry when I eat something new). Good luck.
Love and Light, Candace

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders