How much weight did you lose the first two week on Weight Watchers?

What is a normal amount of weight for a women to lose the first two weeks on Weight Watchers. Should it be 1 to 2 pounds, or is there an initial weight loss kick off.

I have been on weight watchers for five day, with Wednesday being my first true day following the point system. Since then I have dropped 1 pound, which while I love, seems a bit excessive. I know this could be and most likely is water weight...but just wanted to hear from others what it was like for them the first two weeks. Thanks!

7 replies. Join the discussion

Some people see a really big first week number because - it's a huge change for most people - eating right, drinking all that water, etc.
I think my first week was 3 lbs, my mom was more ridiculous 5+ but then it settles down to a steady pace between 0-2 lbs per week usually.
So long as you stick to the program and follow it you'll see the changes!

Well I hope I never see a zero weight loss but am good with 1 to 2 pounds per week. I have 38 to 48 pounds to lose with my eight week goal to lose 10 to 15 pounds. By the time Monday hits, assuming I follow WW properly, it will be a 3 pound weight loss, which I guess isn't too rapid. I am just worried that once I add working out to my routine, the weight will come off too fast and I will get over excited causing me to cheat some how.

That is my biggest problem. Once I notice a good amount of weight loss I "treat" myself, course the treat ends up leading into the next few days. I am hoping posting here will help keep me on the right track...cheers!

My first weigh-in I lost 3.8 lbs and the second I think I lost 1.5. You should be losing between 1-2 lbs a week for healthy weight loss. I am in my second 12 week program that started in January. I lost 12.8 lbs in my first 12 week program. Some people lose more and some lose less...it just depends on your body.

Seeing a zero pound weight loss is nothing compared to gaining 1 or 2 lbs. Since I started my second 12 weeks in January I have actually gained 7 lbs! I don't know how I did it...I have been going over my tracker with my WW guide and talking about all the things I am doing.

Here's my suggestion for you. I know this is knew for you and you are all ready to go, which is EXCELLENT! but, don't get yourself too down if you gain a little. The first two weeks are traditionally water weight loss and after that it does get harder. Just keep your portions in check and write down everything you eat. Talk to your WW guide and be sure to ask her questions if you have any! =)

Good Luck! Let me know if you have any WW questions or need some pointers! =)

I sometimes do that self-sabatoge thing too when I actually am making good progress - I freak out, I'm not totally sure why yet, and eat whatever I can find. BUT when I'm on WW I at least usually acknowledge that I ate it and track it - which is way better than then mindlessly eating. Plus that's what we're here for - to help you stay on track :)

I seem to hit a plateau at 140ish - which I just can't break so this time will be interesting to see if I can bust through. I'm sure those weeks I will be praying for a zero if nothing else lol.

*SD* Have you maybe just gotten too comfortable and stopped measuring things? Going back to measuring cups, uping the water, and trying something totally different food/exercise-wise might help get you back on track.

I lost 6 pounds in my first two weeks of W/W. Then it slowed down to 1-3 pounds a week. I've been on maintenance since the end of last year. I don't think you will sabatoge yourself if you keep attending meetings. It kept me on track.

Try not to treat yourself with food. Treat yourself to a massage, a new outfit, or something you can enjoy that doesn't have calories!

ehren- I think that's exactly the issue!! Thanks for the input! I think I really needed to hear that from someone else.

I started actually writing down how much of each thing I eat...instead of writing "Cereal" I am writing "Cereal- 1 cup" just to keep myself on track annnndddd I went out and bought a food scale and have been measuring everything just to see.

I bought a package of boneless skinless chicken breast and WW says 4 oz is one serving of chicken...well friends, I have been eating WAY more that 4 oz of chicken and still counting it the same points. That was a learning experiences!!

Also, 4 oz of wine (also one serving) is awfully small...why do they make wine glasses so big? It's just not fair...haha.

I use a scale as well, it make a big difference. I also make sure I measure everything. When I go out to eat, which we do often, I am trying to make better choices, like instead of a side of fries, I get a side salad or steamed veggies (plain). Seems to be working. Wednesday will mark week one for WW, but I actually started watching what I ate a last money. I think WW is much easier to follow than what I was trying, but I still get hunger pains some times (usually at night).

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders