4 year old with blood in stool.

I'm worried about my 4 year old daughter. She has had a large amount of bright red blood in her stool on 3 separate occasion's over the past 3 months. She does not have hemorrhoids. Her bowels are regular and she does not have any trouble with constipation. Prior to these episodes she will tell me her tummy hurts but she has never vomited. I took her to see our doctor today and he drew labs and referred her to a pediatric GI doctor. I was wondering if anyone out there has a child with similar symptoms? Waiting for an answer for this kind of problem is scary!!! Her GI appointment isn't for 3 weeks!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 replies. Join the discussion

any family with crohn's disease?

my oldest had frank blood, but lots of runny poop first~he got a dx of crohn's or ulcerative colitis after years of problem solving (started at 5yrs olds though).

If you have labs in already, that's a start~ask what her "sed rate" is.

I didn't know at the time, but my aunt has really bad crohn's.

Good luck and I know it is freaky to see blood!

Thanks. We got her labs on friday and our family doctor said everything was normal! May be just a polyp in her colon. So we will wait n see! But thanks for the reply,

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders