Trace minerals

Hello. I came accross this website and found it very interesting. People are seeing amazing results with preemies and now kids with CP or other muscle/tone issues. I wanted to spead the word because it is not a scam, I've even talked with the mom who started this because she had such amazing results with her kids. I have been giving my son the minerals for only 2 weeks now, which isn't easy, and he has been pooping more regularly and I have noticed his muscles feeling more relaxed so we'll see. They could be on to something here please check it out. The more people who try it and see results the more we will all know if it really will help our kids or not. It's =just giving kids minerals that we all actually lack so there is no risk of sides effects or any cost. Too good to be true? Maybe but we won't really know unless more families try this with their kids.

Please check it out.

http://www.preemiegrowthproject.com/

61 replies. Join the discussion

What are the minerals that you are giving? I went to the website above, but there was no where on there that I saw what they were giving or how to order them.

The minerals they use are PDCM 72+. She said it can be any plant derived liquid colloidial minerals. I bought another brand and found it to be rather salty, I can hide the PDCM a little easier in apple sauce.

http://www.preemiegrowthproject.org/contact/more+info

Go to this page and under parents directions it will give you the dosage amounts, for how long and what to expect.

hi there,

im goign to try this with my little girl and hope for the best. she just turned 2 a few weeks ago, and was born at 24 weeks. she has CP, mixed tone and is vary delayed. angelam how old is your little one? soon as i start the minerals i will let you all no:)

We ordered a week ago and just waiting on the minerals to come. We have an older child at 8 1/2 but when I saw good results on older preemies it was encouraging. I hope it helps in bowel movements, growth, and weight mostly. We'll be posting on their site as keeping track is part of the process. When we ordered ours that had 150 kids on the study.
The missing ingredient in a preemies body just makes sense and with no side effects or drugs I'm all over anything that provides more nutrition.

Great to hear. Our son is 3, almost 4. I still have trouble getting as much minerals in him each day as I would like but I figured I would just stay on them longer than they say. After starting this NPR was talking about a documentary all about how we are all deficient in minerals because we are supposed to get them from fruits and veggies but the soil is very depleted. They also were saying that is why fruits and veggies don't taste and smell as good as they used to. The minerals allow them to be the best they can be and without enough they are just subpar. I definitely have seen that in some produce over the years. Lets hope the minerals help out kids be the best they can be. Keep us posted.

-Angela

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/colloidalminerals.htm l

Here's some actual research on colloidal minerals from people who don't want to make money off of you.

I'll review this skeptical research but being that the preemie growth project is a free study with valid points of nutritional assistance and filled with children's results that are testimonials from other parents, I'm trying it for my son. Thanks though for the info.

Thank you for sharing the information Madison 2001. But just to let you know the preemie growth project is a mom who will send the minerals for free and that's true I've talked with her. Also, the minerals she talks about are plant based not from a coal mine which does sound very different. Anyway, all the information is helpful negative and positive.

"In 1925, a historic discovery was made by Thomas J. Clark, a rancher in Central Utah. Through an unusual set of circumstances the mineral remains of an ancient rain forest, determined by the US. Dept. of Interior to be from the Cretaceous Period, approximately 60 million to 127 million years old, were encapsulated and preserved. The material is humic shale, not bentonite, clay or dried up sea beds which is the most common source of so called Colloidal Minerals. Even with this rich source of plant derived colloidal minerals the mix is not uniform and to get a quality blend portions of extracts from various areas within the mine must be blended together.

The best way to collect these rare colloidal plant minerals is to extract them with pure, cool clear water to the desired concentration and then process them through a complex array of special filters to allow only the organic colloidal minerals in the final solution. True organic colloidal minerals will not have preservatives, flavorings, or synthetic substances added. "

It all comes from a mine.

I wondered if you are seeing any other changes with your son now that you have been giving these for a few more weeks?

I actually just got the bottle yesterday if you're talking to me jingerc. So we are documenting his height and weight to see if there's changes. We'd love to see a ravenous child as some parents report! My daughter, my son's twin sister, is also getting the mineral since she was a preemie as well. Fortunately they didn't mind the taste that bad. I'll report back eventually with good or bad results.

Hi all, my son is 17 mths (14 mths corrected); diagnosed with mixed tone CP at 1 year. He is very behind in gross and fine motor skills. We have been giving him the minerals (though not the brand used in the project) for just over a month now. We are not part of the project as I cannot commit to providing biweekly updates, but here are our observations:

We did notice an increase in appetite just a couple weeks after starting. He was always regular with his bowels so no real change there.

As for his tone, we are now starting to see some improvement, particularly with his low tone in his midline. He has always been the type of baby that when you pick him up he feels as though he will slip through your hands. Well, past couple of days, I've been picking him up from his highchair and noticing that feeling is gone! His brain/body is using appropriate tone and stiffness on those occasions and surprisingly, it feels like I'm lifting up a normal-toned baby :) Now, not sure if it's the minerals or just regular strength building and development, but because we are not experiencing any downsides to the mineral, we're going to keep going with it...

Also, should add the brand that I'm using has some extra Vit C in it. My baby had a cold last week and it was the mildest he'd ever experienced (typically he needs 10-12 days of nebulizer treatments 3xday and Pediapred for 5 days to battle a cold). No need for Pediapred this time around and we only had to do nebulizers for about 4 days. Minerals? Who knows?! But we're pleased with his progress thus far...

@smalltowngrrl1, Can I ask what brand you are giving and the website on where to order them? Thanks. Jinger

I am from Canada and had a hard time tracking some down. We found some on a website called HealthPalace.com and the brand is Genestra.

I haven't been able to get in the recommended 3 teaspoons a day but I will say he is eating a pooping a lot more than usual. We haven't had to use stool softner for awhile. He's also taking some great naps so maybe he's growing, who knows I will report anything else significant.

hi there,
iv been looking all over for the PDCM72+ minerals or a diffferent brand thats just like it. iv looked in store and on line and what i have forund docent have all the same stuff as the one used in the study. does anyone no where i can order the minerals that are being used in the study or a different brand, but has all the same stuf in it.

Hi there, i would like to order this product, but where?

Looks like you can order the brand used in the project by following the link provided in the post directly above yours.

Hi Ida,

New to this group, heard about the trace minerals and would like to give it to my 3 year old son who has cp/Dev Delay /CVI.
We are based in India ; We would like to join in the project. We can give the before and after updates of my son through webpage.Wud it be possible to send the supplement if we give the second mailing address in USA. Pls help.

Regards
Anil

thats awesome

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders