Thyroid cancer, celiac and gallbladder connection?

After various symptoms for 6 months, I have come up with papillary thyca, positive celiac igg blood test and very low gallbladder function year. I haven't done anything about any of them an wonder in which order I should treat. Wondering if changing my diet alone improve the gallbladder enough to avoid surgery.
- halohunter2001

2 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Halohunter2001,

If you have been diagnosed with celiac disease, it is critical for you to adopt a gluten-free diet immediately. People with celiac disease often see a dramatic improvement in their health after going gluten-free, but it also can take a while to see those changes. So, stay strong, stick to your gluten-free diet, and continue to speak with your doctor about celiac and your other health conditions.

Thanks for the reply. I have been gluten free for nearly a month and haven't noticed significant changes. If my tissue transaminase IgA is negative but the IgG is positive is that still likely a positive test for celiac or is it more likely a false positive?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Help the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NFCA

Community leaders