My Brother(33years) had a Stomach cancer(H.Pylori) and 3 weeks back he got surgery and 85% of the upper part of the stomach is removed (Sub total gastrectomy with D2 dissection).
Total 11 Lymph nodes were removed.The pathology report says 2 lymph nodes are effected.
- Signet ring cell carcinoma (poorly differentiated Aden o carcinoma)
- Tumor infiltrating up to muscle layer and serosa.
- Resected margins are free from the tumor.
Doctor told, that in another week he will start Chemotherapy.Now almost 4 week over, till now they didn't start any treatment like Chemo/Radiotherapy.We are little bit worried.
My question is after the operation, when he is taking the solid diet
he is vomiting and losing his weight day by day. So please suggest me
* What foods are best soon after surgery?
* How can he avoid dumping syndrome?
* Are there foods or drinks he should avoid?
* Doctors are saying his survival is OK? What does it means
* Can you please tell at what stage his cancer is Approximately?
* Is it very dangerous?
* what percentage of stomach cancer patients survive?
* In some reviews i saw that, Signet ring cell wont respond to Chemo?Is it true?
Please let me know your advise. It is very helpful.