Bill Henderson Protocol

Has anyone tried the Bill Henderson protocol? Changing your diet drastically and taking supplements to rid youself of cancer? Does anyone know anyone who has? There is so much about this on the internet with so many testimonals from people whom it has helped. A woman who I know, who coaches people with cancer, knowing I do not want a mastectomy suggested I give it a try. It's very inexpensive and my surgeon says I can wait two months before having surgery. Since the diet is only for 6-8 weeks, I have nothing to lose, so I am giving it a try. I will keep you posted. Sandi

11 replies. Join the discussion

I have never heard of this treatment--just checked it out briefly online. I look forward to your keeping us posted! And I certainly wish terrific results for you. Diet and nutrition are incredibly powerful healers!

I tried his protocol for a brief time until I was able to go to a naturopathic oncologist. By the way Bill Henderson does recommend you not doing this by yourself and seek professional guideance. He also couches people with cancer. The protocol has some very good elements in it-reducing sugar-beta glucan (an immune booster supplement) plus other things in his book. He is actually very serious about all of this and really cares about people. His wife (1st wife) died from breast cancer and has devoted his life to healing cancer naturally. I suggest his books and you can sign up for his newsletter-it is free and get updates on things he has founds out and other newsy information concerning cancer. It is a good place to start and has great information on it. Again, everyone with cancer should not be diagnosing themselves and deciding on a cancer protocol without someone professionally advising you what is best. By the way, I am doing fabulously following a more natural approach and I believe there are elements in his book that does work.

Thank you DET and Naturalgirl. Question: Why did your Oncologist take you off the Bill Henderson Protocol Naturalgirl and what did the oncoloist recommend instead? Unfortunately I am singe and unemployed so I am doing all I can and can't afford to hire a coach at this time - otherwise I would love a coach and have someone to help me through this. :-)

When one chooses altertnative therapies all must be paid for by ourselves. I looked and looked to find an oncolgist who was more naturalpathically-minded but could not find one in the whole state of RI and my insurance only covers RI.

Sandi

I just looked on Amazon.com and saw that 77 people reveiewed Bill Henderson's book and 99% of them were favorable. Many were testimonials of this working! You too can see for yourself- his book is titled "Cancer Free." I myself just finshed week one and feel pretty good - lost four pounds which I needed to - and keep hearing from various people really good things regarding this protocol. But don't take my word for it - check it out for yourself and see if this feels right for you.

My best,
Sandi

I did the Henderson protocol until I could get with a naturopathic oncologist. He really didn't take me off but I went on his protocol since he was treating me not Henderson. Naturopathic oncologists supplements can be a little costly so if you can't afford much you might want to consider Bill Henderson's approach. You will need some supplements and as I said he does do some coaching but that has a fee attached to it. Most naturopathic or natural holistic treatments are not covered by insurance unfortunately. I suggest you look into the cottage cheese and flax seed regiment described in his book with some immune boosters. This is a tough one when your funds are limited but there are aspects to it that doesn't cost much. I also suggest that you do go through lab work that can be recommended from some doctor or oncologist. It is important to know what you may be lacking in-especially vitamin d3. Chances you are low in it and you will need to take a supplement to bring your level up. There are many links with vitamin d3 and cancer. I also take a vitamin c to help with immune support as well. If you want some specifics I can give them to you but each person is different and it really should be directed by some doctor-that is why Bill Henderson's protocol is probably the way to go. You can also sign up to receive his free email newsletter which has alot of information about cancer in it. Most conventional doctors would not recommend naturopathic or alternative treatment-at least that is the case in my state. As I said Bill Henderson is the real McCoy here and truly wants to help people.

Naturalgirl, I AM doing Bill Henderson's diet and have been since a week ago Thursday. I have also been taking vitamin D for years now, so no, I am not low on this but thank you none-the-less for your concern. I am also now taking all the supplements that Bill Henderson has recommended and am on the cottage cheese and flax seed combo too (and am looking for new ways to fix it). Yes, having cancer is difficult enough but when lives alone and with very limited funds, it can be very tough but it is what it is and I believe there's a reason for everything and from this we grow. I know I am. :- )

I plan to send away to get my cancer count (as Bill Henderson recommends) and then, once it is 49 or below, I will call my oncolgist and have him take a blood test. (No more biopsies for me. Have you read they can actually SPREAD your cancer. I have now read this in three different places!).

I am sincerely happy that you and others have such faith in doctors but sadly, I just no longer have that luxury. I was told by 5 neurosurgeons in 1986 that I would be dead in six month to a year due to a brain tumor and obviously and gratefully they were wrong. :- ) I actually like my oncologist as a person very much and know he is the best where I live, but I believe as good as oncologists are, they are good at what THEYdo because they have to give ALL their focus on what it is that they do and consequently they become extremely myopic. It's amazing to me what doctors just do not have time to know these days due to the demands of their jobs. They simply do not have the time to learn that which many cancer patients are spending much time researching and learning. For example, the Bill Henderson Protocol (or the many others in his book). Mention this to most doctors and you get a blank look and they get very uncomfortable and say it's nonsence. I am glad to read that you have found one who did not take you off it but simply adjusted it as she saw believed it needed. I wish you the very best naturalgirl and thank you for your concern about me. Believe it or not, there are actually some advantages to being poor. I have really had to think for myself 24/7 and do much research for myself. I truly love being validated from people like yourself - that I have indeed researched well and am doing the right thing. In my heart I know I am too. Hoever every bit of encourage means a lot to me. And I thank you. Sandi

Sandi-my faith is not in conventional medicine but rather in natural aspects and different alternatives to conventional. I do conventional when I must. Funny story was when I saw an endocrinologist he wanted to send the report to my doctor-I told him all of my doctors are naturopaths-couldn't think of anyone. finally gave him my gynecologist name. I have faith in chinese medicine and of course my naturopathic oncologist-he is a true genius but it took several months to find this guy. Look into Qichong-we have a dvd that goes over different sounds getting rid of toxins in different organs. I did it during my treatment and I think it works. Deep breathing is therapeutic and costs nothing! You are very motivational-the mind is a very powerful tool against cancer. I think most people forget that. When I went to my first naturopathic oncologist he stressed the 5 raw garlic cloves a day not cooked. You might want to look into that and garlic will amaze you! I have a naturopathic cancer book and it very interesting-all the doctors would now who would survive and who wouldn't just by their attitude; not stage nor cancer type. That tells you the power of the mind. Good luck to you with Henderson's protocol. He is very genuine.

Wow Naturalgirl! You too have looked into a lot of things. I take my hat off to you girl. :-)

Yes! The mind is an incredible tool. No doubt the very best tool that we have. I thank you for reminding me of this (and all the other information). I really need to need to hear this again and again because it's so easy to slip into the "life is tough mode."

Thank you so very much for being such a brightly burning light!

Is it possible to use the Bill Anderson approach along with the standard approach?
I am in the diagnosis stage of breast cancer (ILC) and whether there is bone involvement. Have had bone scan which turned up little mini fractures on the ribs, but they did not light up during the pet scan...however a lymph node not seen in the previous cat scan DID. Today a biopsy of the lymph node.

SharonNHope: Of course you can integrate conventional with alternative methods-that is called integrative medicine. Sometimes the combination of the 2 is stronger than just using one or the other. However; if you are taking chemo or radiation you must be completely honest with your doctors what you are taking to see if it will interfere or not. I did do that while undergoing radiation and it was extremely powerful. I hope your biopsy turns out ok-good luck with your program in whatever you decide. My philosophy is Bill Henderson's program along with some naturopathic programs is to help rebuild your immune system to help your body actually fight off the cancer cells. This thinking to me is essential to actually healing your body so it can perform and naturally kill off cancer cells like it was designed to do. Stay strong, live well

Yes, I too have heard that the Bill Henderson Protocol helps a lot with chemo and radiation side-effects. I have also read most doctors do not know enough about it and will tell you not to do it. Very sad. People today are being forced to make their own decisions. I would do much research and do what you feel is best but, then again, this is just MY opionion having lost much faith in the traditional medical world.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders