Perforated Bladder

My problem has turned out to be a perforated bladder from the TURBT. This has taken two weeks for my physician to finally listen to me about something being wrong. He did not see it on the CT Scan yesterday either. This was seen today when he was showing the scan to me and my husband. I have come home with a Foley catheter and go back in 5 days. I will have to reconsider who is going to handle my care going forward. I have lost all confidence in my physcian.

5 replies. Join the discussion

Although mishaps can happen to any physician, if you have lost confidence that is less than optimal. I truly believe that confidence in the treatment and the person doing it is very important. Sorry you have suffered with this complication. Best wishes,

jj

I agree with JJ, you must have confidence in your caregivers, but as much as that, they need to listen to you.

nn

So sorry about what has happened to you. I would get a new physician, if you do not have confidence in the one you have there is no point. Take care Carol

Darn! So sorry you experienced a perforated bladder during your procedure. As you know there is always a risk....we just all always hope we are not one of the statistics of such a risk.

As everyone above has said, if you do not have faith in your doc, it is best to seek a new one. The procedures are so involved with BC, it is wise to pick the surgeons who do HUNDREDS and I truly mean HUNDREDS..of these each year. We had to fly out of our state to find one of the best. We have no regrets.

Best Wishes,
Cheryl

Glad they found your problem. Hope you can find a uro you can have complete faith in,

Tamlin

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support BCAN

Help the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network

Discussion topics

Walk for Bladder Cancer May 3rd

Walk for Bladder Cancer

Resources from BCAN

BCAN on Facebook

Like the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network on Facebook

Community leaders